Back from Norway

joyful164
joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
edited 21. Jul 2010, 05:41 in Community Chit-chat archive
I just cannot believe that the last month has gone, our holiday has finished. When my head has stopped travelling, I shall come and tell all. 4,230 miles since leaving home on the 21st June travelling through Denmark up to the Nordcapp to see the Midnight sun.
We got back on Saturday and I think I can say that I was on the verge of total exhaustion, with my legs refusing to work properly yet. I think I did extremely well.
Travelling in our Citroens Special, there was just enough room for us to sit with our packing in the small boot of the car.
Our Lomax is a three wheeler vehicle. It has two wheels onthe front, one on the back, bit like an old Morgan. Delboy has seen it, so will know the score.
With our friend travelling in his car behind us because we had the SatNav and I had planned the route and the stops. Every turn of the road was a new vision, snow topped mountains and clear streams, some fjords were the deepest turquoise with others being the clearest blue and turquoise.
We have met and made friend with many people, exchanged email addresses.
For my art, I shall have more material than I can cope with for the rest of my life. The memories will be there too.

Joyful

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Joy, and welcome back :!: :D:D I must be psychic as I was just about to put on a new thread asking if anyone had heard from you.

Your trip sounds marvellous, and I can imagine all the fantastic art work you are going to do now :!:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    What a wonderful adventure/experience. A whole month! I envy that, we've just come back from a fortnight away and it wasn't long enough! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • joyful164
    Hi Joan, Hi dreamdaisy.
    I think I feel like your name at the moment dreamdaisy.

I think I need a week of sleep at the moment. My son rang me last night though and it looks like that sleep will be interrupted by us having the boys (7,5 and 3 1/2) for a couple of days on the 26th July (my birthday)&27th July. On the 31st we travel down to see my daughter in their new house near Stroud.
    Not much time for resting and I have a painting day out fixed for the 24th.
    It's thanks to my chiropractitioner that I am able to keep going.
    Joy
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Joy and welcome back
    What a lovely experiance that must have been, I am so glad everyting went well.
    You have a good rest
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    HI Joy & Welcome back!!!

glad you had an enjoyabe time, even if it has left you exhausted.

do take care of yourself and rest as much as you can.

hugs
    WOnky xxx
  • joyful164
    Thanks Wonky

To tell you the truth, I was amazed at what I managedto achieve. The next few days will tell me if it was too much.
    I know that I did too much walking.
    Each morning was very painful getting up, especially in a different bed every night. This was something I was really worried about.
    Had to make a fresh bed up every night too. I got quicker as the days passed by. Sitting in the car for nearly 6 hours a day was quite a strain, although I managed again, very well. We had regular stops. All the people along the way, Russions, Japanese, Germans, Austrians and the French, all gave us a great time at each WC stop. There were plenty of them too. Good picnic stops and very clean lous and always one to cater for the disabled. Everywhere was litter free and clean. Can you see that staying as it is in England?

Joy
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    :D Lovely to have you here with us again and so happy for you that you had such a wonderful time and will have so many memories. The countries you visited are all so picturesque and as you say, clean and people so friendly and helpful. Most speak English too. :lol: I have only been to Denmark and Finland and love those countries.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    What a wonderful trip Joyful.. Glad it all went well ..

Marion
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Glad to see you back in one piece Joy, even if you are a bit frayed round the edges!

You seem to have had a wonderful time, I'm sure if you have to face some payback now it will have been worth it.

Annie
    xx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Welcome home Joy

You will have to tell us of your travels and what you did.

Trish xx
  • joyful164
    Hi everyone.

I am still trying to get some of my strength back. I seem to be pretty exhausted. All through the trip, I was amazed at how well I got on, and now I am back home, I can hardly walk, suppose to be going for my belated blood test today, but haven't the strength I am sooooooooooooooooooo tired. What can one expect. I suppose the adrenaline kept me going before with the planning and during because we had such a schedule to keep to.
    Apart fromthe bruising coming out, the photographs are beginning to materialise. Coping with a brand new cini camera with a shaky arthritic hand, plus one memory card being faulty, we still have some brilliant pictures. The rest of the pictures will have to remain in my memory. I am in the process of writing up my notes because we have to do a story for both our car clubs.
    I am also trying to get through the long dark nights again even though it is summer here. I think I found the long light days gave me loads of energy too. Although we didn't have wall to wall blue skies every day, in the main, only two days had rain during the day. Obviously it was chilly and windy going along in an open car, but you do see a lot more and hear a lot more, mostly wind. I am amazed at what we have achieved. 4,230 miles in all. Also the lovely lovely friends I have made. We were greated with such warm friendly people, I shall never forget that. Out of the bits that I loved the most I would like to go back to the Tromsa Communne and also to go on a Whalespotting trip. With this you fly out to BODO and from there catch a boat which you stay on for 5 days. It's not a luxury cruise but just a working boat as if you were going whaling. Oh well, I can dream can't I?

Joy