Rheumy Appointment Tomorrow

Options
annie_mial
annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
edited 21. Jul 2010, 05:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
It's arrived very quickly and I am a little nervous........having barely recovered from my last blip I have to pysche myself up tonight ready for the morning. I hope it is a good appointment, I'll be really disappointed if it isn't as it is a private one.

I made some enquiries at the new doctors surgery today and got a copy of their NHS referral letter to take with me (after a little fracas with the receptionist who'd decided I couldn't have one) and whether it is coincidence or not I don't know, but I have been referred to the Rheumy I am seeing tomorrow and more than that, it is a much better letter than I expected to wring out of that particular doctor!

Time will tell.........not long now.

Annie

Comments

• jordan7j
    jordan7j Bots Posts: 346
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Annie, Good luck for tomorrow. Usually a private appt is a good one, as they have more time to listen, and take note of what you say. Glad the letter is a good one, that should help. I saw a private rheumy last January it was a very good appt. Let us know how you get on, and try not to get too stressed!!! Jay x x
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Annie, good luck with your appointment tomorrow - should be a much more positive experience than last time. Be well prepared and take your list of things to say and ask. Try and relax. Let us know how it goes.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Good luck Annie!

good for you getting the referral letter from the docs!!! and that it was such a helpful letter....maybe this is a sign of good things to come.:wink:

go with your list of questions and determination not to leave until they've all been answered....we will all be with you in your pocket every step...and rooting for you all the way. :mrgreen:

love n ((hugs))

Iris xxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hi hun, you know the drill by now! Take your notes, a llist of questions, take in as much as you can - secretly record it?! - do you have someone to go with you? You know we will be in your very capacious pockets, please let us know how it goes. Thinking of you and wishing you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Annie

You will be fine I'm sure you will. At least you will know what is what Annie.

Don't worry either I will be in your pocket. I will have a cunning plan of action if they do not talk to you in the manner they should.

I'm sure they will Annie, try not to worry.

Sending hugs (((((()))))
    love Trish xxxxxxx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Annie

Just to wish you all the best tomorrow. It is quite normal to have high hopes at these appointments and I hope that you get good value for money. You may well notice a difference for the better between this appointment and a NHS one. It should not be but often that is the case.

Great that you have a good referral letter but you will be asked lots of questions regardless.

Do let us know how you get on.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Hi Annie
    good luck hope it goes well
    Sharon x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Annie,

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and lurking in your pocket 'just in case' :wink:

hugs
    WOnky xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Good luck, annie-mial, thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Hi Annie

Hope I am not too late to wish you luck.

Initially I went private a couple of times before I had to give up work and for me it was a good thing to do as it got the ball rolling alot quicker.

To save money though I got the private dude to tell me what blood tests to get and I then got my GP to do the tests, x-rays etc. I then got a copy of the results from my GP and took them to my private dude.

Good luck and keep us posted.
    Carol x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,477
    Options
    Me too

Annie I will be thinking of you today and hope all goes well.

You could do with some good luck just now :)

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Toni - I've had my bit of good luck!

I am so relieved and thankful that I did this...........my new doctor was so reluctant to refer me under NHS that I'd started to go through the 'is it all in my head' routine again.

My new Rheumy is a fella, I thought I was seeing a woman........can his name really be Alison? I must have misread it!

He knows my previous Rheumy and will contact her for her take on it all....probable diagnoses of RA, Fibro and Reynauds.

He's already given me amytriptylline for nights and I will be sent details of further appointments for tests and X-rays by the end of the week. He is transferring me to his NHS list and it will all be done at Worthing Hospital (which I now know the way to!).

He's no picture, but is very gentle and caring.........he did say he was glad I had everything in writing, it made it all so much easier.

Hubby is now convinced that I am totally doolally. Not only was I talking to everyone in my bag on the way over, but I am so euphoric now - he thinks I should be cast into despair at finding that I have yet another set of conditions to deal with. No doubt I will come to earth with a bump shortly, but I do find it easier when I know what I am dealing with.

Thanks to all of you for caring and for your responses. I will have some lunch now and then nap if I can settle.

I am sooooo happy!

Annie
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi Annie - ssssoooooo thrilled for you that you had such a good appointment this morning! Makes the world of difference when you are listened to doesn't it!
    Hope you enjoy your lunch and your well deserved nap!
    Love Tilly xxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    annie can uncross my fingers now so glad it went so well sorry you have to have tests but glad he sorting meds for you well done val
    val
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Annie,
    I am soo happy that things went so well for you.
    Reynauds would explain a few things would'nt it.
    It makes all the difference when you get the right person to see you.
    brilliant that you will be able to continue to see him.

Hope you sleep well tonight now.

Lv, Ix
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Annie :)

:D fabtastic, that you felt you had an extremely productive, appointment and have labels to put on your ailments.

It should not be so, but going privately, does appear to bring better and quicker results. It makes such a difference.

I wish you well,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • annie_mial
    Options
    My huge thanks to all of you........those dx's do explain a lot which has been worrying me lately....now that I know what I am dealing with it feels more under my control already.

Elna, I entirely agree, no one should be put in this situation. Happily for me we could afford to do this, but many, many people cannot. If I were one of them I could be feeling a tad angry that the queue could be jumped in this way.

It's a jungle out there! Back to the survival of the fittest and those able to pay.

Annie
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Annie .. great result :!: :D

finally to be listened to and get dxss..what a difference!

I know it goes against the grain going private but you were left with no choice with that previous uselessness. :roll:

So pleased for you :D:D:D

your hubby will think we're all daft now.... joining in your euphoria:lol::lol::lol:

Iris xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Annie,

so glad that it was worth going to the appointment today, and that you now will get the treatment that you deserve.

I'm just sorry that you had to fight for it in this way.

as for your hubby thinking you have gone doolally ...... he can join the club as mine began to think that about me shortly after I joined and announced that we were now virtual camel keepers :shock: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

hugs
    WOnkyxxx
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi Annie

That's brilliant .. you know where you stand now so it's 'onwards and upwards' from here on Annie!

Marion
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,477
    Options
    Hi Annie

So very very gald you had the luck you needed :)

I think this was a great visit :) Hoorah!!!

You have a plan!! Thant's wjhat you need. I ahve passed this info on to Cris by text so she is up to date - not sure if her connection is back on yet but she was asking after you.

You atke care and i hope you have stopped talking to your handbag now...... :shock:

Love

Toni xx