THR cancelled

Options
lola9755
lola9755 Member Posts: 39
edited 21. Jul 2010, 05:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
hiya everyone

have just been informed that my THR has been cancelled until possibly sept/Oct ...................dissappointed to say the least!!

tricia xx

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Tricia

I bet you are gutted, it is a love/hate relationship we have with these op dates isn't it? But once a date is implanted in one's mind, one starts to sort/organise our lives and those near to us. It was a provisional date you were given though, wasn't it but I don't really understand that either, because why don't they know at the time if it is definite or not? Beyond me :roll: :?

Hope you are not messed around with the next date given to you.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,477
    Options
    Oh Tricia :(

You poor thing :(

Bet you are sooo disappointed...and angry too all that build up and preperation :x

Love

Toni xx
  • lola9755
    lola9755 Member Posts: 39
    Options
    hi

I never really thought of it but it is a love/hate relationship, I was petrefied but now I have a sense of relief........................ till my next date and then the nerves will kick in again!!! lol

thanks for your good wishes

tricia x
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Ah Tricia

It would be a bit of both for me too. When i had my back op he told me fri that he was doing it mon - that's the way for me - I is scared!!!

I hope it is sooner rather than later and at least you will be over it by christmas wont you :)

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Tricia
    I am so sorry that they have cancelled your appointment. like you say there is some relief, I think, well know I would feel like this.
    I do hope the next one goes ahead, then you can be on the road to recovery.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    That's sad news, I am sorry, but at least they have given you another target date. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Tricia, this was my worst dread - that I would be all geared up and have all the arrangements in place and then they would cancel .... did they say why? What date were you expecting to go in?

Well enjoy your summer and the temporary relief that you are not having it just yet. But IF the pain gets unmanageable - ring up the hospital, explain the situation and ask when the new op date will be - it seems this often makes it happen sooner rather than later.

Keep us posted.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi tricia,

sorry to hear your op has been postponed :( did they say why?

I'd phone them and ask if they can give you a 'fixed' date. :!: it's horrible to be psyched up (as we do) and then have the rug pulled from under you. :shock:
    anyway...I thought that once a surgeon had put you on the 'list' for an op they had to then do the op within a certain period?

I was told by my surgeon that I would have my TWR no later than 14weeks from the date of going on his op list and that's exactly what happened.
    Last year I had my TWF op done by a different surgeon as my ortho consultant ran out of space to do my op; his secretary phoned to ask if I wanted to be transferred to a different surgeon to stay within their timeline....although I could have 'opted' to wait longer.

Maybe you should ask about timescales?

hope you hear something more positive.

Iris x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    sorry to hear your news ...... horrid to be all ready and then have it cancelled.

MY hubby had an op (not arthur related) cancelled twice, once at very short notice indeed (no beds that time!) and they bent over backwards to give him a date that couldn't be changed after that .... .I believe there is (or was?) a rule that an op shouldn't be cancelled more than twice ............ not sure that helps, but I do hope you get a date soon and that they are able to stick to it!

hugs
    WOnky
  • lavenderlady
    lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
    Options
    I'm waiting for a TWR at Southampton General ,was put on the list in late may and not heard anything yet I do believe theres a time limit from when you go on the list to when its suppose to be done, but what with cut backs maybe thats not going to be enforced anymore, I do know last October I had to have a hysterectomy which only took a matter of a month before getting my date although that date was cancelled from thursday to the following Tuesday with a different surgeon,
    I do think time limits and other factors are going to up in the air after the cut backs being enforced lately,
  • frogmorton
    Options
    I heard that too Lavendarlady :(

waiting times to even see consultants have gone :(

Love

Toni xx