Took arthur to Royal Welsh Show

Options
haagan
haagan Member Posts: 84
edited 20. Jul 2010, 10:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone
had a lovely day out yesterdaywith friends and their children but boy is arthur making me pay today! It was four hours each way but worth it I hadn't been off local area for over a year thanks to arthur. First obstacle was getting on coach at park and ride, high step, was good and paced myself with plenty of breaks. Went on the grass hill to watch horse artillery, sat on grass for about an hour and then had to get up in very crowded area at home I use furniture to help haul myself up. Manged to roll onto knees and was assisted by 3 year old to get up, must have looked like a stranded whale to the people around us.
Have a good day Fay

Comments

• marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Fay

Glad you had a good day out yesterday.. sitting down hey! - that's good, even if you did need help getting up!!

Marion
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Hi Fay

Sounds like you had a good day. Hope Arthur did not enjoy it too much else he might hang around in the hope you take him again :wink:

I reckon you did well doing all that in one day
    well done

Love

Toni xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Fay, glad you had a great day ... sounded fun if exhausting!

Rest up now until you have recovered.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.