poor donkey

Options
oneday
oneday Member Posts: 1,434
edited 22. Jul 2010, 17:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
I feel sick.
I have just seen picture of a donkey that some Russian jerk put paragliding!
I actually feel ill. I wouldnt like it myself and I understand whats happening but the poor donkey.
Wish they have some animal group there to pay him a visit, mellman? are you free and with passport?

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hell no I don't want all me teeth and hair to fall out with Polonium poisoning!, no they can fly what they like!!, seriously though what a bloody stupid thing to do to poor old eeyore!.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    know what i would like to do to them....sorry cant write it down :shock: :x
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Lets not mention the Spanish on this thread OK, All I will say is bull stabbing isn't a nice thing to do in my book, my mum always told me not to play with my food but that lot seem to have forgotton that little gem!
  • oneday
    Options
    think it was Gandhi who said you can judge a nation the way it treats its animals............
    think person who put donkey in the air should be put up themselves..but as they have a human rational brain to realise the outcome perhaps the stakes should be changed so person can feel like the donkey, terrified...
    put said man, say upside down on paraglider,in the middle of the night! :D
  • barbara12
    Options
    I got arrested for protesting against bull fighting....they where really nasty going to throw me in jail and everything :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • oneday
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    I got arrested for protesting against bull fighting....they where really nasty going to throw me in jail and everything :roll:

gold star for you Barbs *
  • barbara12
    Options
    The awful thing about it we had to watch it before we disrupted it....I sat with my eyes closed most of the time
    Love
    Barbara
  • oneday
    Options
    Other week when v hot couple with 2 dogs window shopping. Couple eating ice creams, think of selves first. Woman gave dog lick of ice cream first which i thught she had bought dog, dog licked it then she proceeded to eat it. Dogs dying of thirst and panting, selfish woman - why didnt she buy them a bottle of water?

Yes, i like it when bull gets them.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    i could not look at the news item, saw the little one and that was bad enough,hope they get foot rot :x

I wish I hadn't even HEARD about it Jan :(

Glad I didn't see it. Good job Cris is off-line isn't it? :shock:

Rehab - I don't :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • kickyloo
    kickyloo Member Posts: 66
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    I was wondering if those that profess to have a dislike for animal cruelty, eat meat, chicken and farmed fish? Or is that different?

I'm a proud veggie! :P

It's something I feel really passionate about. Sometimes I wish I could be ignorant about animal cruelty because it upsets me so much.

It can be difficult when so many foods include animal products. Damn Nutella is not vegetarian! :shock:
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Kicky!!!

A few yoghurts too :(

Rehab

Of course you wouldn't harm animals :shock:

You know you can actually buy leather items made from teh skin of animals who died a natural death :shock:

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    babycham wrote:
    Hi everyone hate meat since school dinners free range chicken and fish only ..sadly cook meat for family though so guilty as chargedB/Cham

Oh yes Cham....

I remeber that stringy stuff they called meat.....

yu had swallowed it and half of it was still in your mouth :oops:

eeuuwwww :!:
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    oneday wrote:
    I feel sick.
    I actually feel ill. I wouldnt like it myself and I understand whats happening but the poor donkey.
    Wish they have some animal group there to pay him a visit, mellman? are you free and with passport?

Oneday

Just seen this. It has upset me. I have 4 donkey's I have adopted. I just love Donkeys.

They always look so sad, no wonder why when they are treated badly and no one is there to help them.

If I was about and saw this well I would make them suffer. I'm not a violent person but I think I really would be if I saw it happen.

I cry at the sight of pictures of two of mine. Their feet were never seen to so they grew so long they could hardly walk.

Another one was just left in a shed with nothing to eat or drink he started to eat the flooring.

Now, he is such a lovely gentle donky they use him to for disabled children to help them to sit upright.

When they get on the donkey they make noises as they cannot talk, their parents say that is the sound they make when they get excited.

They ought to send that man back in the air and cut the cords to his paraglider.

Trish xx
  • oneday
    Options
    kickyloo wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    I was wondering if those that profess to have a dislike for animal cruelty, eat meat, chicken and farmed fish? Or is that different?

I'm a proud veggie! :P

It's something I feel really passionate about. Sometimes I wish I could be ignorant about animal cruelty because it upsets me so much.

It can be difficult when so many foods include animal products. Damn Nutella is not vegetarian! :shock:

omg,whats in nutella?!
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:

OH dad and his friends starting cheering for the bull during a visit to a bull fight during a Spanish holiday. They re not animal lovers but wanted to wind the Spanish up. If looks could kill.....

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • oneday
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    oneday wrote:
    I feel sick.

Oneday

Just seen this. It has upset me. I have 4 donkey's I have adopted. I just love Donkeys.

They always look so sad, no wonder why when they are treated badly and no one is there to help them.

If I was about and saw this well I would make them suffer. I'm not a violent person but I think I really would be if I saw it happen.

I cry at the sight of pictures of two of mine. Their feet were never seen to so they grew so long they could hardly walk.

Another one was just left in a shed with nothing to eat or drink he started to eat the flooring.

Now, he is such a lovely gentle donky they use him to for disabled children to help them to sit upright.

When they get on the donkey they make noises as they cannot talk, their parents say that is the sound they make when they get excited.

They ought to send that man back in the air and cut the cords to his paraglider.

Trish xx

Hi
    i like my idea better Trish as cutting the cords is too kind. Something like the unknown in the dark for him so he can feel what the donkey felt, fear and the unknown.
    (see my earlier thread for info!)Glad you take care of donkeys :D
  • frogmorton
    Options
    [

Trish xx[/quote]

Hi
    i like my idea better Trish as cutting the cords is too kind. Something like the unknown in the dark for him so he can feel what the donkey felt, fear and the unknown.
    (see my earlier thread for info!)Glad you take care of donkeys :D[/quote]

We sponsor those donkeys too Oneday and I have a memorial to My Mum and Dad in tehir rememberence garden :D

It's lovely and something we can all do to help.

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    In my opinion (Oh Pru, it's all kicking off now!) we are far too sentimental about animals in this country. I have no qualms about bullfighting: it's the custom of another culture, I have no right to interfere. I bought a piglet, raised it organically, had it slaughtered and ate it. Best pork ever but too expensive to do again. Animals are not humans in another guise. We have a moral duty to care for them well, but it never ceases to amaze me how cruel some 'animal lovers' can be: mind you, they are usually inadequate humans with mental health issues. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • oneday
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    In my opinion (Oh Pru, it's all kicking off now!) we are far too sentimental about animals in this country. I have no qualms about bullfighting: it's the custom of another culture, I have no right to interfere. I bought a piglet, raised it organically, had it slaughtered and ate it. Best pork ever but too expensive to do again. Animals are not humans in another guise. We have a moral duty to care for them well, but it never ceases to amaze me how cruel some 'animal lovers' can be: mind you, they are usually inadequate humans with mental health issues. DD

Oh DD i am shocked....i couldnt eat little piggie if i had lived with it!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You make my point beautifully! He was a gorgeous pig, Gloucester Old Spot by breed, lovely character and had a wonderful life. Pigs are a food source. We are so separated from our food now, children don't know that milk comes from cows, or that bacon comes from pigs, or that when they eat lamb they are eating a baby sheep. As far as they are concerned it all comes from the supermarket. That cannot be right. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • oneday
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    You make my point beautifully! He was a gorgeous pig, Gloucester Old Spot by breed, lovely character and had a wonderful life. Pigs are a food source. We are so separated from our food now, children don't know that milk comes from cows, or that bacon comes from pigs, or that when they eat lamb they are eating a baby sheep. As far as they are concerned it all comes from the supermarket. That cannot be right. DD

My kids know where all food originates from - these kids which i have read about must be blindfolded or something! I couldnt kill anything to eat it so i guess if i lived with the animals i would be a total veggie! i dont think i could even kill a fish and eat it....think i would have to just eat ants!