Parties

ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 25. Jul 2010, 17:28 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hello everyone

I know I've been a bit hit and miss with the postings lately but I do read most of the messages, just don't always get time to reply. I'm glad we're all doing well for the most part and you're all still as barking as ever.

My eldest is leaving primary school this year and will be going onto secondary school in September (cue lots of crying, tantrums and refusal to wear anything decent - and Ellen's just as bad as me). I'm looking forward to her leaving assembly on Friday afternoon because she cries at the drop of a hat and her friends are even worse than her.

Anyway! I said to Ellen that, to mark her leaving primary school, she could invite a couple of friends over to mark this occassion. Nothing fancy or expensive, just a small do to stop her feeling too upset (she's going to a different school to her friends). So the invite list is currently looking like this (I say "currently" because we haven't finished it yet):

- Ellen's 4 best friends
- Ellen's two sisters
- Ellen's 3 cousins (one of whom is leaving primary school too, the other two who are the same age as her little sisters so they will be occupied)
- My best friend and her little boy (I can't NOT invite her, she's more upset than me at Ellen leaving primary school)
- My friend who is an artist and who will do the face painting and mendhi, and her two daughters
- Simie's (my 8 year old) best friend
- Jassie's (my 6 year old) best friend

That's 15 children so far! Ellen has asked me to "do hair and make up" for everyone and she's enlisted her uncle's help in setting up the karaoke. I hope the weather is nice otherwise this party will be held in our house and not in the garden!

I mean, I know I'm proud to be raising 3 party girls, but this.... :D

Nx

Comments

• oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    thanks for the tip, i wont be making that suggestion!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh nina can I come...It sounds brilliant.. :):)
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Nina

I wondered where you had gone :!: I was just about to send the search parties out for you :!: :D

Ellen has obviously got the right idea- If you're going to have a party, you might just as well have a good one :!: :lol::lol:

I think she has done so well at primary school, and has been accepted at a very good secondary school, so she deserves a reward for all her hard work.

I hope she will have a lovely party, and that you don't get too exhausted in the process :!: :D

Joanxxx
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Nina just enjoy yourself. It will be great fun. I sadly missed my sons end of term Joseph and his technicolour dreamcoat, Lucys sports day and one end of term party with a hired Limo (for parents too) because I had my hip replacement. Those are occassions I will never get back.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh Nina :(

That iS a landmark :(

Lucy left last year and is now an old hand at BIG school :wink:

i had the eldest two's ears peirced after school on tehir last day so they 'had something to cry about' :lol::lol::lol:

Lucy went off in a kink limmo with a group of friends.... :shock:

mad isnt it :?: :roll:

You enjoy it

love

Toni xx
  • ninakang
    Hello Ladies :D

You are ALL invited - the more the merrier it might as well be now! Could do with a hand with the hair and make up anyway as well as the cooking!

I think you have the right idea, Pixy. Because I have 3 kids like my brother, for any occassion, if we include my mum, dad and sister, we START with 13 people! But yes, Joan's right, we might as well do it properly and have a big "do" :) I bring it on myself, I complain but I love it really. AND I can wear my new summer dress.

Elizabeth, I'm sorry you missed so much this year because of your operation. Ellen did Joseph too! I have to say that even though she didn't get the part of Joseph, she stole the show because it was quite obvious she knew all the words and dances and the other kids were watching her to make sure they didn't make mistakes. That's my girl :)

Toni, I'm dreading when my girls start asking for limos etc. Ellen's got a new dress only because we found some amazing bargains at the Next sale on Sunday and she's quite happy to play in the garden or indoors if it rains. At the moment anyway!

The weather forecast says rain on Friday afternoon :( let's hope it's wrong.

Nx
  • frogmorton
    Oh I hope so Nina :(

No rain!!

Mind you a fair few on here are doing raindances for tehir areas so you might be lucky :wink:

Love

Toni xx

I will wear my best dress too :D
  • ninakang
    Well, the weather turned out lovely and the party was great. It helped to have the added excitement of our surprise guests, Joan and her hubby, who popped in to surprise Ellen :)

Exhausted today, though! I just about managed to hold it together for Ellen's leaving assembly but she and her sisters cried buckets. It's the reason her dad didn't come to the assembly, he would have cried too.

One of Ellen's friends was late to the party because her parents had hired her a LIMO to ride around in after school. :shock:

Nx
  • frogmorton
    Oh Nina

I was thinking about you yesterday :(

The poor little chicks :(

So sad, but she will be so proud in september in her new uniform :)

Have that camera ready.

Glad the party went really well for you all.

Lucy went in a limo - well pink hummer thingy last year witha load of the girls from her primary - expensive do this kids eh :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Nina

The party was great fun, and what a lovely group of girls :!: So friendly and welcoming. It was a pleasure to meet them all. I'm sure that Ellen will have happy memories of her last day at primary school in years to come, made all the more special by the efforts of her Mum.

Joanxx
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Hi Nina,
    Glad it all went well.
    It was last year I missed everythig having my hip replaced during the last days of term. But of course no one was leaving this year so nothing to celebrate. But I did go to Lucys sports day and hobbled round slowly dying in the heat and finding those very low chairs to sit on which hurt your knees and you cant get back off!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein