Newly diagnosed with Peripheral spondyloarthritis

Options
chezzy
chezzy Member Posts: 3
edited 21. Jul 2010, 10:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone, just wondered if anyone else has this condition. My feet and hands are the worst affected. I am only 32 and have been told this is probably linked to my mums crohns condition. My maternal grandmother had and my Uncle has I.B.S
I was offered an injection recently on my first visit to the Rheumatologist, but because i have had problems with steroids(allergies) before this is on hold until i know i can have this so am struggling with pain.
Ive also just started with cramping pains in my belly and a headache that's lasted 3 days (that could be due to the summer holidays for my kids tho lol) just wanted to know if there's anyone else on here with this certain diagnosis. Xx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello chezzy, how miserable for you. I don't have the same, I can't think of anyone offhand who does, but if there is I am sure they will reply. I wish you well. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Hi Chezzy

welcome to the forums from me...

I dont have it myself either, but at least one other person I knwo has Crohn's so you never know - she is offline at the mo, but will look in at some point.

I do however, have your other complaint...... kisd due on summer hols :lol::lol:

Love

Toni xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi chezzy and welcome to the forum from me too. :D

I don't have this diagnosis but know there are other peeps on here who do and someone who has chrons too..... I'm sure she will be along just as soon as she gets her net connection sorted. :wink:

You could also ask our helpline peeps if they can sign post you to information about your condition... either post a question or give them a ring (number at the top)...

hope to see you posting around the forum.....it can help you feel part of this great community and you'll be made to feel very welcome!

iris x
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi Chezzy

Juat to say sorry to hear about your diagnosis.. I can't offer any advice myself, but as the other peeps have said, there are other Crohn's sufferers on the site who might be able to help - also, the Helpline is very good..

Please keep posting and let us know how things go for you.

all the best

Marion
  • chezzy
    chezzy Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Aw thanks guys, its nice to know there is such a nice place for people to offer support, help or guidance. Its all new to me so bare with me lol, Ive got 4 children to drive me insane too, my youngest is still at nursery til friday but the older 3 are on holiday already(argh!) hope eevryone is having a gr8 day.X