Once it was easy to identify the upper classes - they were all titled, lived in stately homes and had their own staff. But these days the net seems to be cast far wider.
Do you pass the Posh Test? If you answer Yes to 3 or more of these questions, you are definitely posh.
1. Do you own an old, dirty car that reeks of dog (preferably Labrador)?
2. Do you refer to any place outside London as “the country”?
3. Do you address your parents as Mummy and Daddy – even though you’re no longer 10?
4. Do you wince when you see people holding a knife like a knitting needle?
5. Did you spend your teenage summers in Rock, Cornwall?
6. Do you think tweed is a good look?
7. Do you call your Grandmother “Granny” instead of “Nan”, “Gran”, or “Grandma”?
8. Did you take a gap yah?
9. Have you ever flicked through the back pages of Tatler looking for pictures of your friends?
10. Do you hang out with people called Doodles, Flippy and Tadpole?
11. Do you go to the ballet/opera?
12. Do you have a cleaner?
13. Do you wear clothing brands such as Hackett and Barbour?
14. Do you have an interest in horses/sailing?
15. Do you spend over £10 on a bottle of wine?
16. Do you still tell people which school you went to?
17. Do you shop at Waitrose?
18. Do you say supper instead of dinner?
19. Do you have an Aga?
20. Do you greet people with a kiss on both cheeks?
21 Do you drink Earl Grey/ specialist teas?
22. Do you know what Prosecco is or eat hummus?
According to this, I am posh, ( Yes to 4,11, and 20 ) but on another test;
I am only 27% Posh, so that's not too bad!