Palates assessment from physio

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 26. Jul 2010, 12:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, I've just plucked up my courage and phoned the private centre that run the palates classes. I am going next Friday for an assesment with the physio their and she will tell me if she thinks it would be a good thing for me to do. Although all the physios and my GP have said it would be, when she explained the different types of things they do, I knew I didn't know enough to book a class! :oops: Don't want to end up completely crocking myself up!!! :)

Thank you all for the positive feed-back you gave me when I posted to say I was thinking of this.

Love Sue

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sounds a good plan.

Let us know how you get on.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Sue
    With a good teacher palates is very good for arthur, there is a lot of stretching, this really helps to make those muscles strong, and they support your bones.
    If they have the machines that is even better.
    Hope it works out for you
    Barbnara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Good luck Sue

I hope it is perfect for you and helps loads - feedback appreciated :D

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    This sounds promising - take it gently, don't try to show off! I sincerely hope it works for you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Good luck with it Sue :wink:

really glad you've 'taken the plunge' and hope it is a success for you.

we will all be waiting for you to report back after you've met up with the physios. :!:

Iris xxx
  • woodbon
    Options
    Thank you, of course I'll let you know. The receptionist on the phone said they have machines, mat work, individual 1 to 1 with the trained physio. The physio I see next week will examine and advise me, which is good, because I haven't a clue when it comes to this! :? I'm looking forward to it, I'd like to do a class of some sort, for the company! :lol:
    Love Sue
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Good on you, Sue booking the class.

You'll feel part of the world again as this can all make us feel a bit isolated and hopefully you will be doing your body good into the bargain.

Let us know how you get on.

Enjoy!
    Carol :lol:
  • woodbon
    Options
    Ta, very much, :D I think that having a thorough check up with a physio before they expcept me will is a very good thing. i've always been a bit worried about doing these things, as often in an ordinary class, you may get a teacher who although perfectly good with people who are fairly fit, may not quite understand someone with arthritis. I Get an hour with the Physio on Friday and she will examine me and make a decision on the best way of moving forward.

All the classes are small, run by trained physios and in blocks of 6 I think. The price is not much more, if any at all than joining the council run gym and then paying for classes. Also those classes are run by trainers who have passed exams, but they are still not physios.

Anyway I'm willing to give it a go, it makes me feel that I'm doing something positive and thats better than staying home alone! :wink: If nothing else happens, I will meet some people! :wink:

Thank you for all the comments. Love sue xxxx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Sue

Glad you have decided to give it a go. Do hope it all goes well for you. Let us know how you get on.

take care
    Chris x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    sue this such a positive thing to do well done just remember take it steady the first visit with the adrenalin flowing it easy to push to far better to hild back a little and do more next time as that way you will keep going good luck have great time val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It does sound good: I'll be thinking of you on Friday! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi Sue,

Hope it goes well for you on friday and helps . I too would be interested to hear how you get on may be something for me!

Rose x
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Looking forward to hearing how it goes on Friday.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.