Easy banking

Options
trisher
trisher Member Posts: 9,263
edited 24. Jul 2010, 06:28 in Community Chit-chat archive
Our bank has been taken over. A few weeks again we were sent 2 new Visa cards to use.

Well, we used the new cards as we were told to do.

Then we wanted to put some money over from one account to the other one.
Hubby rang and listend to all the options then pressed the number.

He listened again and pressed the right number. Then he listend once more and again pressed the correct number.

At last he had go where he needed to be. They asked for the card number, he did it then he was asked security questions.

The last question was his date of birth guess what?? No he did not give the wrong date.

The automated voice said that the card number was not invalid.

O dear, we have used this card to do a big shop, to buy our grandson some more grown up toys with. Plus for other bills.

Well, it is no good trying to tell them you can spend all day trying to get through.

We don't like the idea of using the computer to do our banking.

Easy banking I cannot see how it it easier these days.

Trish xx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I hate those automated things and try to avoid them whenever possible. I am a bit muddled tho trisher: was the card number invalid or not? I reckon it's always best to go to the branch whenever possible - but even then they can't always get it right - can they rehab?! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Our bank has been taken over. A few weeks again we were sent 2 new Visa cards to use.

Well, we used the new cards as we were told to do.

Then we wanted to put some money over from one account to the other one.
    Hubby rang and listend to all the options then pressed the number.

He listened again and pressed the right number. Then he listend once more and again pressed the correct number.

At last he had go where he needed to be. They asked for the card number, he did it then he was asked security questions.

The last question was his date of birth guess what?? No he did not give the wrong date.

The automated voice said that the card number was not invalid.

O dear, we have used this card to do a big shop, to buy our grandson some more grown up toys with. Plus for other bills.

Well, it is no good trying to tell them you can spend all day trying to get through.

We don't like the idea of using the computer to do our banking.

Easy banking I cannot see how it it easier these days.

Trish xx
    i dont like phoning the bank unless i have too i dont like it because they like to complicate things they should keep the options clear 1 for checking your balance 2 for transferring money 3 for anything else.

guess they want to make getting hold of our money very hard.
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • trisher
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I hate those automated things and try to avoid them whenever possible. I am a bit muddled tho trisher: was the card number invalid or not? I reckon it's always best to go to the branch whenever possible - but even then they can't always get it right - can they rehab?! DD

DD

The card was valid. We had spent £200 on it the week before in two different places. They would have said it was invalid then. Well I would have thought so one shop would have said it is invalid.

Trishx
  • trisher
    Options
    Jan

By the time I have pressed this and that then when you go to the next bit the same, by then I have forgotten what one to push. So I have to start again. :shock:

Trish
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Most of the time, if you don't press any buttons at all, banks make the assumption that you don't have a touch tone phone and you get put through to an actual person. I have worked in the call centre at Egg - I know whereof I speak :D

I've always done our banking on the internet, I've found it perfectly safe and easy to use. I never let the computer remember my passwords and I would never use a shared computer. Never had any problems. I haven't been to a branch in ages.

Nx