For any artists on the forum

2»

Comments

• livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    joanlawson wrote:
    Monet or Van Gogh probably thought that their work wasn't good enough from time to time
    Monet's work was usually refused from the official Salon and rarely displayed there, only three times were paintings accepted.

Despite completing about 900 paintings, Van Gough only sold one painting during his lifetime and that was for 400 francs.

Not exactly a real success as artists were they, perhaps it is a message for us that we need to keep going in the face of adversity.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    joanlawson wrote:
    Monet or Van Gogh probably thought that their work wasn't good enough from time to time
    Monet's work was usually refused from the official Salon and rarely displayed there, only three times were paintings accepted.

Despite completing about 900 paintings, Van Gough only sold one painting during his lifetime and that was for 400 francs.

Not exactly a real success as artists were they, perhaps it is a message for us that we need to keep going in the face of adversity.

Joseph 8)

Yes, Joseph, I agree. Anyway, I've got my two Livinglegend masterpieces hanging on my walls, so who knows what they might be worth one day? They are valuable to me, so that's what counts. :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I haven't read back thro the thread so if I'm repeating something I apologise. Have any of you come across the work of a nine year old boy from Holt, in Norfolk? His name escapes me at the mo, but he is causing a real stir in the art world nation and world wide. I love his work. He does North Norfolk landscapes of breathtaking skill and beauty. I am sure his first name begins with a P, Paul, Phillip, Peter? which probably means it starts with a Z or summat! DD

Keiron Williamson - that's the lad! Knew it wasn't a P!
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Hi DD

Kieron said:‘I like landscapes as they’ve got the big Norfolk skies in them and not too many hills or mountains. I normally paint in the morning and I am up at 6am and then after school - but with the school holidays at the moment, I am painting all the time'.

He has painted up to six paintings a week, every week for the last 2 years. That is over 275 paintings on average.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • joanlawson
    There's an article about Kieron Williamson on this link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1299399/Kieron-Williamson-makes-150-000-30-minutes-selling-new-batch-paintings.html

He has an amazing talent for such a young child, and he is earning a lot of money already from his painting. I just wonder whether he will continue to paint as he gets older. Sometimes child prodigies burn out as they mature.

Stephen Wiltshire was a child prodigy, but he has been very successful as an adult too. He is autistic, and he can draw wonderful detailed pictures of buildings, and even whole cities from memory. you can see his work on this link.

http://www.stephenwiltshire.co.uk/gallery.aspx

If you click on the pictures, they enlarge, and you can see them in more detail. I think he is a remarkable artist.
  • joanlawson
    I've just seen a video of Stephen drawing a huge panorama of London from memory on this link. He just memorised it all from flying over in a helicopter. Incredible!!

http://www.stephenwiltshire.co.uk/download_video.aspx?Id=2285&Mode=Mac