D starting to worry

only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 25. Jul 2010, 20:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
hello everyone

D was later up this morning which is unusal for him, usually up between 6 and 7.

he says he hopes his holiday book will work, i said dont worry we will be with you, i think he dont understand time and how long 2 weeks is, and he is a worrier.

oh well we know how he going to be so we be there to reasure him it wont be easy but we get through it as we have too.
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi 49
    i think once D has been there a few days he will
    settle in i know you will worry about him can you ring to see how D is getting on.
    try not to worry to much the time will soon go.
    take care. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • only49
    dachshund wrote:
    Hi 49
    i think once D has been there a few days he will
    settle in i know you will worry about him can you ring to see how D is getting on.
    try not to worry to much the time will soon go.
    take care. joan xx
    hi joan we all going on holiday together as we always go at least once a year. he is very predictable he always the same, i know how to deal with it, distracting him from what worrying him usually works, something silly that makes him laugh
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    You're on familiar ground here, aren't you only49? You know that he frets before you go away - the change of routine and scene I suppose unsettles him: are you a little sad that he still frets, that he hasn't developed an awareness of time just yet? I suppose it is hard to tell if he ever will, but you know your son, you know how to respond to his concerns - I am sure that you will all be fine. It's not long now is it? Where are you going? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • only49
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    You're on familiar ground here, aren't you only49? You know that he frets before you go away - the change of routine and scene I suppose unsettles him: are you a little sad that he still frets, that he hasn't developed an awareness of time just yet? I suppose it is hard to tell if he ever will, but you know your son, you know how to respond to his concerns - I am sure that you will all be fine. It's not long now is it? Where are you going? DD
    inverness scotland, a villiage called farr

you could google it on google maps

yes DD we feel really strongly that it would be wrong to push him into more than he can cope with, we know what to do, and we will do our utmost to support him as much as he needs, thats what perents do.
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Only49,
    You will have done your best to prepare him, you have developed the strategies you need to help him and you will soon be on your way. Keep plugging away at the old time charts and schedules - one day you'll do nothing different and with a bit of luck "the penny will drop." Hope you have a lovely time and that D will have lots of fun which will make the anxious moments worth it.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi only
    I am sure D will enjoy every minute of the holiday once you are there
    Have a lovely time, and hopefully get some rest has well.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • only49
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi only
    I am sure D will enjoy every minute of the holiday once you are there
    Have a lovely time, and hopefully get some rest has well.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    i'll have my mobile/ internet phone with me not that i be able to use it where we staying as i will be out of range for a mobile signal but i need to be able to check my emails as mum-laws house is being sold and hubby will want to keep an eye on any emails from the solictor when we are are away from the area we are stopping.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Hi Sylvia,

I hate going away, even for a night because D frets so much with all the changes and unfamiliarity. We dont intend to go away this year because of this.
    Can you do a calendar where he ticks off the days as it is visual. My D is very good with dates, in fact he is obsessed so has a very good understanding. But i know lots of parents make a calendar and also photos of the place you are going to,
    BEst wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Sylvia

I'm sure you have done everything to reassure him he will be ok.

It must be hard for you but your son will settle down alright and as you say you will be there.

I hope you all have a lovely holiday, he might surprise you and be ok.

Take care

Trish xxxx