Been a while :)

Options
msmcgrath
msmcgrath Member Posts: 14
edited 25. Jul 2010, 12:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hey everyone,

It's been a while since I last posted here, that's mostly because i've had no reason to post and nothing to ask.

I thought I'd just tell you how things are between me and my misses. As always we've had ups and downs but who doesn't in a relationship. Her pain and conditions have been getting worse but she's just been referred to a Musco-Skeletal program in her home town so we'll see what comes of that.

I actually came wondering if you could give me a few pointers and tips;

I'm looking to set up a "spa day" with my missus, treating her to a variety of massages and things to help relax her. I just wandered if there was anything that helped you guys to relax so i've some more ammunition for my "spa day"

Hope you're all doing well!

Michael x

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, never been to a spa day ... but relaxing in warm water helps me - so hot tub/gentle jacuzzi that kind of thing.

Also gentle exercise is good - so a bit of a swim.

Have heard lots of good reports re brine baths.

I also find massage fantastic.

I'm sure real veterans of spa days will be along with more knowledge and suggestions.

Your wife is very lucky, Michael to have you planning this treat.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,933
    Options
    Hi Michael.
    do you have a hydrotherapy pool in your town that your wife could go to that is very relaxing
    as the water is warm.
    you are a very caring husband one a wife should be proud of.
    take care. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 25. Jul 2010, 11:24
    Options
    Hi Michael

You could google flotation tanks but only based in London as far as I know. My daughter loves this. She also likes to attend a couple of days at a health spa with a friend when there are special offers and chooses some classes to her liking and massages when there. They do not always attend the same things. There is usually a pool there too. She loves going every now and again.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    i am sure if you tell them she has arther they will be able to tell you what not suitable and what is but she will love the whole thing good luck enjoy wish my oh would take me lol
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Hi Michael

How lovely!

A spa day :)

Me and my friend do that sometimes.....if your wife is ok I t like having my nails done or a facial so i go home looking 'differenr' too.

Lovely :)

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Michael
    Like someone has said, just explain about your wife having arthur, but believe me she will love a full massage, I had one recently and fell asleep, I also had a good nights sleep after....It was wonderful wish you get it on NHS :)
    Barbara.
    Love
    Barbara