hello

Options
jean123
jean123 Member Posts: 642
edited 27. Jul 2010, 17:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, I'm Holly, I'm 27, I'm a lone parent to my 4yr old son and I have Fibromyalgia. I have been a sufferer for about 14 months, but I have only recently been diagnosed.
I seem to be in a lot of pain on a daily basis and life is a real struggle at the moment.
I would like to talk with other Fibromyalgia sufferers and see if we can help each other.
Holly :)

Comments

• jean123
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have moved this from holly's original place of posting as it may get lost without it's own thread. I have, however, left the original post in place, as it has her avatar attached.

Jean123
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    Options
    jean123 wrote:
    Hi, I'm Holly, I'm 27, I'm a lone parent to my 4yr old son and I have Fibromyalgia. I have been a sufferer for about 14 months, but I have only recently been diagnosed.
    I seem to be in a lot of pain on a daily basis and life is a real struggle at the moment.
    I would like to talk with other Fibromyalgia sufferers and see if we can help each other.

hi Holly - welcome to the site!! I have PA and have recently been told that I have secondary Fibromyalgia!! there are materials on this site that can help you - and also lovely people on here as well!! visit us any time - on the chit-chat forum there are post on anything!! you can visit if you need a moan or a laugh or a chat!! people are here to listen and give you words of support.
    Have they given you anything for the pain? have you seen anyone else from the hospital for advice?

sending you some cyber hugs ((((((()))))) just to start you off on this site!!!

Louise xxx
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi Holly,

I too have recently been diagnosed with fibro along with OA Hypermobility and spondilosis!
    As i have only just had diag i am seeing whats on offer, i have suffered for years and just struggled on but at least now i know why i feel so #### all the time.
    I have been offered pain clinic for the fibro apparantly to break the cycle of pain :? I do have a high pain threshold so not sure! waiting for the appointment to come through. I will keep you posted on what i get told and if you can do the same that would be good :D

Rose x
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    edited 27. Jul 2010, 20:14
    Options
    No general adverts attached to posts please, it isn't allowed on here.

Joseph 8)

PS No ads on the original post, the posting with the advert has been removed.
    Josephm0310.gif
  • jean123
    Options
    No general adverts attached to posts please, it isn't allowed on here.

Joseph 8)

Joseph is talking about an advert I have removed which had nothing to do with the thread.

Jean123
  • holly_83
    holly_83 Member Posts: 31
    Options
    psyart wrote:
    jean123 wrote:

hi Holly - welcome to the site!! I have PA and have recently been told that I have secondary Fibromyalgia!! there are materials on this site that can help you - and also lovely people on here as well!! visit us any time - on the chit-chat forum there are post on anything!! you can visit if you need a moan or a laugh or a chat!! people are here to listen and give you words of support.
    Have they given you anything for the pain? have you seen anyone else from the hospital for advice?

Louise xxx

Hi Louise,

I am on Amitriptaline (prob spelt wrong), but all it seems to do is make me very tired!!!
    My GP is lovely and she has been treating me the whole 14 months, I think she is just as glad as me to get a diagnosis.
    I have seen a rhumatologist (so cant spell today!) and she confirmed fibro.
    My hips are also out of alignment which I believe is adding to the general problem.
    I am having Accupunture at the moment but it does not seem to be helping.
    I am sorry to hear you are suffering too - it really is a horrid condition!!
    Lets hope we can all share tips and tricks on here to try and help each other out.
    Holly xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    i confoozed is there 2 jean123 now!!??? :shock:

No need to be confused Jan. :) Jean123 moved Holly's thread to this zone so more peeps would see it and support and help her.
    Holly had posted it on the Hello zone. Much better on the LWA zone, don't you agree? :)

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Holly

You say your hips are out of alignment. Do you mean that you have scoliosis of the spine? I have a slight curvature of the spine and have had lower back problems off and one for years which then turned into a year's bout of sciatica until I had a couple of injections in L4 and L5. Every morning my lower back is helped by stretching exercises. I do not have fibro.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Holly,

A welcome from me as well. I got oa and pa and possible fibro. I am a lot older than you and its must be harder when your younger and got young children.

i really hope you find the site good for you and we are here to support you if needed. nice to meet you. Cris x
  • holly_83
    Options
    Hi Elna,

I am about 2 stone heavier on my left side than I am on the right, and this pushes my hips out of alignment. I found this out when I was seeing my Chiropractor during my pregnancy. I also have a split womb, basically it is heart shaped with a divide almost the whole way down, again this was found out when I was pregnant.
    I had severe pre-eclampsia when I was pregnant and my boy was born 4 weeks early weighting 4lb 15.5oz - but he has sure made up for it now!!

Holly xx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Holly

Wow, that is a lot heavier one side than the other. I am heavier on one side, or at least one leg is. I can see that for myself!!A split womb too. Poor you having pre-eclampsia. My first baby was born 11 weeks early the second one, on the day. Aw, so pleased to hear your little boy is ok now. My daughter was in hospital for 3 months before she came home - on my birthday! The best pressie I ever received! :) She is 30 years old now! :D

I am sorry to hear that you are in so much pain lately. Do keep calling in on here, it is good to talk, even if we cannot come up with solutions.

Luv
    Elna x

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I have a curved spine and that gives me lower back pain and I think it may be one of the reasons my neck is so painful as one shoulder is lower than the other and at the back one scapula (thats the bone that sticks out, one each side, I think) :oops: is much higher. Until a few months ago when the rheummy pointed it out, thinking I knew about it, I'd never noticed it!! :oops: Now I keep looking in the mirror when I get dress and thinking it looks horrible, my husband gets fed up!!! :roll:

I'm sorry you've got fibro, but now its diagnosed I hope you get some proper treatment to help you cope. I've been to the pain clinic, the one I went to was not too good and very unorganised, so I didn't get to do the relaxation, which I really wanted to do, as the therapist that ran it was off sick!

I know that some people find them very helpful, I think I was unlucky with the timeing not seeing the right people!
    Love Sue
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    Options
    holly_83 wrote:
    psyart wrote:
    jean123 wrote:

Louise xxx

Hi Louise,

I am on Amitriptaline (prob spelt wrong), but all it seems to do is make me very tired!!!
    My GP is lovely and she has been treating me the whole 14 months, I think she is just as glad as me to get a diagnosis.
    I have seen a rhumatologist (so cant spell today!) and she confirmed fibro.
    My hips are also out of alignment which I believe is adding to the general problem.
    I am having Accupunture at the moment but it does not seem to be helping.
    I am sorry to hear you are suffering too - it really is a horrid condition!!
    Lets hope we can all share tips and tricks on here to try and help each other out.
    Holly xx

Hi holly - when do you take your tablets?? If you take them late in the evening then you will feel tired the next day. try taking them about 6ish?? If this stuff doesnt work then can your doctor give you somethning else?? sounds like she is right behind you and will support you?? keep writing on this site, we all help each other and yes we do learn certain tricks!! have you looked onthe chitchat part?

Louise xx
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • holly_83
    Options
    Thanks Louise,

I will give it a go at taking them earlier. I may start Monday tho as out on a date Thursday night to the cinema then dinner, and it wouldn't be a good look if I fell asleep!!

WIll keep you posted on how the change of time goes.

And I'd like to say a HUGE thank you to all you lovely people for being so nice xxx