Back again!

markc1
markc1 Member Posts: 253
Just an update for you all,i started work again after telling my new employers all was well.......but it wasn't i'm afraid.i just could not manage the work.
So now i am back on the old ESA and so the old routine starts again!!

Serves me right i suppose!!!! :roll:

Comments

• janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm sorry to hear that Mark. Does this mean that working is not an option anymore?

Nice to see you back though!

Janie
  • markc1
    janie68 wrote:
    I'm sorry to hear that Mark. Does this mean that working is not an option anymore?

Nice to see you back though!

Janie

I hope not Janie...i do want to work not just money wise but sanity wise!!!!! :?
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    I know what you mean! I'm off work, waiting to start rituximab. Being at home is driving me mad. Daytime tv is absolutely rubbish except doctors, I love that. See, I'm going slightly mad as Freddie would say

Hope you find another job very soon, Arthur permitting

Janie
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Mark :D

sorry to hear what's happened. it is awful being on the ESA roundabout again isn't it.!?

what's next then? hopefully won't be long before you're able to consider something else.....

Iris x
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    hi Mark
    its a trial when you want to work and have a job but the body wont let you carry on , i do hope you can find something that is easer on the body , xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • markc1
    dorcas wrote:
    Hi Mark :D

sorry to hear what's happened. it is awful being on the ESA roundabout again isn't it.!?

what's next then? hopefully won't be long before you're able to consider something else.....

Iris x

You never know whats around the corner,but i do admit i feel a little low at the moment. :(
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Mark

sorry you're feeling low. :(

what jobs have you had? don't know what age you are ...but if you can't return to your previous occupation...are there any opportunities for re-training or further ed/ uni as a mature student that you could consider? maybe you would qualify for a grant etc which would take you out of the ESA nightmare?

sorry if this is all balderdash....just trying to think what might help you just now but don't know enough to be really helpful :wink:

Iris x
  • topgirl
    topgirl Member Posts: 290
    What a shame.... :(
    I wish you well and hope you find an easier job soon...
    You were always here for me when i needed advice...
    take care
    Kay..xx
  • markc1
    Update......just been turned down for JSA because i have too much money coming in!!.
    Surely this must be a record? i have a disability yet i can't get ESA or JSA!! the world has gone mad. :cry:
  • penfactor
    penfactor Member Posts: 366
    Mark, that's ridiculous!
    How can they get away with that? Are you on income support or is it cos of partners income? Surely it has been proved that have limited capability for work so you are entitled to ESA & help with Pathways to Work? Are you going to appeal?
    love Pennie
  • markc1
    penfactor wrote:
    Mark, that's ridiculous!
    How can they get away with that? Are you on income support or is it cos of partners income? Surely it has been proved that have limited capability for work so you are entitled to ESA & help with Pathways to Work? Are you going to appeal?
    love Pennie

Cheers Pennie,i have 2 pensions coming in and i get industrial injuries award as well so according to the figures they sent me i am not entitled to any benefits at all.ESA exam says i am fit for work,even with a 20%disability.

Complete farce don't you think,i am not bothering to appeal i am just going to have to start work soon. :roll: