ot where you are

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 28. Jul 2010, 01:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
hello

what happens where you are regarding o t ? do you phone up where they are based and then they send you a letter to say when they coming to see you ? or do you have to go on a waiting list ?

How long do you have to wait where you are to get seen ?

just wondering as where i am you dont get a staright answer they send you a letter to say your on a waiting list and they can tell you when you will see someone, sounds a bit odd to me is this the norm or is it different where you are.

thanks
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    We get it via GP or rheumy here

what is your system then?

Love

Toni xx
  • only49
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    We get it via GP or rheumy here

what is your system then?

Love

Toni xx
    hold onto your hat toni :)

you can phone them direct and they put you on a waiting list, and you wait and wait and wait and wait and by the time you forgotern about them or you died toy may get some help, but what i cant understand is what are they doing all this time, cant be doing with the way they do things here rather sort it myself, its a shame but if i told them all what i thought they would not like it lol i dont like getting mad but when i do god help you :) and just in case you wondering this is not likly to happen with my friends as you are worth a thousand of the ones up here they so slow here arrrgh
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    No I know you wouldn't go mad at us :shock:

No need - we help each other on here don't we?

That sounds a really rubbish sytem you've got :x

Love

Toni xx
  • only49
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    No I know you wouldn't go mad at us :shock:

No need - we help each other on here don't we?

That sounds a really rubbish sytem you've got :x

Love

Toni xx
    :lol::lol::lol: and doctors :):) good job i built of tough stuff heh
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I cannot answer your question as PA and OT don't go together around here - yet. I think once you have made contact you have to keep badgering - that works for anything connected to the medical world, in my opinion. Don't wait for people to do their jobs, 'cos they won't unless prodded. Keep prodding only49! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi only 49!

There seem to be different ways of getting referred where I live ... you can get referred easily to a hospital OT through rheummy (for splints, small aids) or be referred by any health peep (or refer yourself) to the community OTs via social services.

When I was referred to community OT in Dec 09 I didn't get so much as an acknowledgement until March 10. Even then it was a social work assistant who made the first visit; she was able to organise quite a lot of aids for me for use at home but referred me on to the qualified OT for further (more in depth) assessment. She said that they send out a sw asst first as it saves OT 'time'??

hope you get to see someone before you 'blow a fuse'. :roll: :wink:

Iris xx
  • haagan
    haagan Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Hi
    sorry you are having problems getting OT visit. My GP refered me and I was phoned to make an appointment, It took about 2 weeks. Ot and support worker came out and were excellent. I have a direct number in case I need further help. I live in Wales so system might be diffrent but messing you about is unacceptable. I hope you have sucess soon Fay