Think Need Intravenous Lucozade

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 28. Jul 2010, 13:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Guys

Shouldnt really complain but of late have had this habit of not being able to waken up before 9.45am.

Am finding the old jake the peg getting worse (wish it were wooden) despite painkillers and walks of only about 50metres a day. Just havent the energy and find when do have to walk am boiling hot too as presumably using lots more energy. Am out like a light at night and feeled zapped......Leg even sore now getting in and out of shower, putting on not so smalls, and find am tripping up too as leg is dragging.....

Signing off now...

Miss Moan

Comments

  • jenfa1
    jenfa1 Member Posts: 42
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hey if you can't moan here where else can you moan?

    Falling over seems to be my specialty at the moment too, hope you get some help and feel better soon x
    Jen
  • tarasmygirl
    tarasmygirl Member Posts: 70
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Miss Moan

    We've all had days like that. As Jenna said - if you can't moan here where else ?
    Don't know which kind of arfer you have but hope it eases for you soon Big (((((hugs ))))))
    Cath
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,515
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Elaine....


    moan away girl!!! sometimes it helps just to get it all out..

    if you need to be in bed 'til later than usual....well your body's trying to tell you something so don't beat yourself up about it.

    Rest if and when you can and get the drip stand ready for the Lucozade...or may be that should be 'Irn Bru'...made from girders you know :wink: and a speciality glucose (and unknown chemicals :roll: ) energy drink for folks over the borders. :lol::lol:
    (btw I can't stand the stuff!!!!!)

    If that doesn't work then you'll have to resort to stronger pain meds!

    hope you're feeling better this afternoon,

    Iris xx
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Jenfa

    I think have had my mid morning moan.....Im just right behind you with falling over completely, keep tripping, catching knee then just about making it to chair etc....

    Elaine
    jenfa1 wrote:
    hey if you can't moan here where else can you moan?

    Falling over seems to be my specialty at the moment too, hope you get some help and feel better soon x
    Jen
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Cath

    Thanks for hug feeling slightly better although bringing new meaning to that old ad clunk, click every trip...Well thats my knee in the car....Yeuch!!!
    I got osteochondritis dissecans, since age of 18, now 41 and feel need a new knee but am generally considered too young.....

    Elaine
    Hi Miss Moan

    We've all had days like that. As Jenna said - if you can't moan here where else ?
    Don't know which kind of arfer you have but hope it eases for you soon Big (((((hugs ))))))
    Cath
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Iris

    Yes think it does, dont it, mind you nobody in our house slept well last night, mum was up till 4am wth itches and dad has an undiagnosed shoulder problem.....Jeez the house (or semi detachedc bungalow of ailments)....

    I know what irn bru is a was born in scotland, its okay not mad on it, had the alcopop version in my 20's!!LOL!!! My brother's gf drinks nowt else but irn bru n vodka....YUK!!!!

    Seeing quacl next week she mentioned a patch type painkiller, not madly keen on it as it will aggravate dermographism, part of AID stuff n got enough to contend with....

    Currently sipping on strawberry ribena.....

    Elaine
    dorcas wrote:
    Hi Elaine....


    moan away girl!!! sometimes it helps just to get it all out..

    if you need to be in bed 'til later than usual....well your body's trying to tell you something so don't beat yourself up about it.

    Rest if and when you can and get the drip stand ready for the Lucozade...or may be that should be 'Irn Bru'...made from girders you know :wink: and a speciality glucose (and unknown chemicals :roll: ) energy drink for folks over the borders. :lol::lol:
    (btw I can't stand the stuff!!!!!)

    If that doesn't work then you'll have to resort to stronger pain meds!

    hope you're feeling better this afternoon,

    Iris xx
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Can you still get those big bottles of LUCOZADE? Don't think I've seen many recently. Know what you mean though. Think i need some now after a couple of energetic days with my g'sons.

    joy
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Joy

    I think so, to be honest I didnt like Lucozade until after had had first op to take out loose body in knee someone brought some to my bedside and I thought well Im going to try it.....Its nice but it can be sickly too......

    Know what you mean re kids, have loads of neices n nephews and when they come they run rings rounds me and me mum n dad......he threatened to throttle one the other week when he threw a magnum in a bin and crossed a busy main street road in town.....LOL!!

    Elaine
    joyful164 wrote:
    Can you still get those big bottles of LUCOZADE? Don't think I've seen many recently. Know what you mean though. Think i need some now after a couple of energetic days with my g'sons.

    joy
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Lucozade is basically liquid sugar which is why it's such a pick-me-up for the convalescent. I hate it! DD