Celebrities with arthritis

Options
2»

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It was announced today that Phil Mickelson, the golfer, has 'arthritis': five weeks ago he couldn't get out of bed but is now taking drugs for it (not specified) and following a vegetarian diet and is feeling much better. I put arthritis in inverted commas because the type hasn't been specified but possibly OA is the culprit? He is going to take the drugs for a year and follow the diet for the same length of time and he reckons he will be cured at the end of that time. I wish him well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    Options
    Ainsley Harriott
    Rick Wakeman
    all the others i know of have already been mentioned
    Chrissie
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    It was announced today that Phil Mickelson, the golfer, has 'arthritis': five weeks ago he couldn't get out of bed but is now taking drugs for it (not specified) and following a vegetarian diet and is feeling much better. I put arthritis in inverted commas because the type hasn't been specified but possibly OA is the culprit? He is going to take the drugs for a year and follow the diet for the same length of time and he reckons he will be cured at the end of that time. I wish him well. DD

Hi DD

Mickelson was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis and was prescribed Enbrel and self administers a once-a-week injection.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oooooh that's interesting. I have PA and enbrel tried to explode my liver! I wish I had his version of PA - I guess squillions of dollars in the bank can buy you an early diagnosis and instant anti TNF treatment, no wasting time trying all the other stuff first for a rich man. Good luck Mr M - you're in for an interesting ride - well, it's more interesting than golf! (But then most things are.) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Remember reading in one of his books Jeremy Clarkson says he has OA and will need a new hip
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi folks

I remember ages ago reading about an MP who had RA, but I can't remember his name .. have tried google, but nothing is coming up.

Marion