Throat ulcers

Options
gazza67
gazza67 Member Posts: 25
edited 30. Jul 2010, 04:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
Currently suffering with ulcers at back of my throat.G.P thinks down too increase in mtx too 20mg.Will they clear up or are they a permanent fixture of mtx.
So frustrating as mtx was giving me good results and dont really want too come of it.Feels like this isnt a disease but a curse.

Comments

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    tricky one to answer - can only give you my own experience of what has happened to me when ulcers have occurred.

Mostly I have had ulcers when on the higher end of the MTX dosage range (between 20 - 25 mg in my case) and if I have had ulcers then I have been told by the rheumatology nurses to stop the MTX until the ulcers have gone.

Usually that has meant only one missed injection, but there was one time when I got a run of different infections that lasted for 6 weeks, which taught me just how much the MTX was actually doing for me :shock: :roll:

I have often been given extra blood tests when I've got ulcers - just in case they are a sign of something more serious.

if in doubt I would suggest you contact your rheumatology team.

WOnky
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Gaz

think Wonky is right, bypass the GP and ring the Rheumatologst's team - the nurse for instance.

Love

Toni xx