Thought it was a good idea!

ironic
ironic Member Posts: 2,361
edited 31. Jul 2010, 05:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All,
I have been having more trouble with my feet, wrist and hands this year. My right hand and thumb have been particularly problematic swelling etc. A couple of weeks ago my thumb did not return to normal and I now have a hard lump on the base joint. I have had this before and it has gone back after a few days. Not this time though. I am working around it but a wee constrictive at times. Also a bit concerned that hip and neck might be getting worse.

So as my appointment at the hospital has been put back for 4mths I thought I would go to the Dr’s. So now I am taking the full dosage of 3x50mg diclo plus usual Hydro. Plus low dose Omeprazole. Ok not so bad but being a good Dr I now have to go for a full MOT. I.e. half an armful of blood to be taken and umteen tests! That will teach me, will have to keep my head down in future! :roll:

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi I,

Sorry your having a bit of a rough time there and glad they gave you a good once over. They love to vampire us don't they?

I have been on diclo's for years and when the ulcer is about and i have to come off them I don't half know it but find the 2 once a day better.... an they say less damaging to your insides as well. I really hope you will soon have a bit of a better time of it. Sending you a ((( ))), a bounce from primmy and a cockerel :wink: Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Ironic

Well you might be regretting it, BUT I for one am glad to hear a positive response froma GP :)

It is GOOD you are being MOT'd :)

(Not so sure about the needles though :shock: )

Hope he comes back witha plan though..... :)

Love

Toni xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    great gp they all seem to be after blood these days lol think there a blood shotrage and they make it up with ours lol. glad doc sorting you good luck val
    val
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Hi

I've been on diclo for about 4 years. I tried taking Omprezole but it didn't work as I also have a hiatus hernia so I'm on something stronger...especially as I'm on about 6 other meds.

At least your GP is doing something to help you. I hate the blood tests but they are a necessary evil! :wink:

I hope you feel a bit beter today.

Regards
    Sharmaine
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Ironic

sorry your hands and thumb are giving you more trouble..and the neck and feet too :roll: :( arther's persistent ain't he? :?

Hey I's glad to hear your doc is taking it seriously and giving you the 'works' with a full MOT.... shows he cares even if you do resemble a pin cushion afterwards :wink:

hope you get some relief really soon and that you don't have to wait long for the MOT and especially the results. :!:

love n (((hugs)))

Iris xxx

ps. watch that cockerel of Cris's ... he packs a mean kick!
    g070.gif
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Ironic

Sorry to see you getting the full works there. So nice to hear of a doc that cares enough to give the MOT though not so good the reasons you are having to have it. Do hope all goes well for you.
    take care ((( )))
    Chris x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I think that it's a good thing that your doctor took an interest in you and is looking after you, ie doing his job. If your problems are increasing then it is worth upping the preventative measures in an attempt to lessen the effects of the disease. Ignoring things doesn't make them go away - and in the long term just makes things worse. Are you still enjoying Jessicar? Beep-beep! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    g070.gif[/quote]

I am a wee bit worried abouy the cockrel Iris....

visiting Cris tomorrow :shock: :?

Love

Toni xx
  • ironic
    Thanks so much for your replies. Yes I’m really lucky to have such a good Dr. He managed to get me a second opinion when the first hospital lost all my records etc. So I am very grateful to him. I have not been back to see him for a year as hospital has been looking after me. It will be nearly a fortnight before I can get the bloods done, one of which I will need to be on a fast for. I hope that all that means is not having food or drink from the night before until morning appointment. I will ring them nearer the time to confirm this.
    Hi Cris
    Thanks for the Primmy bounce but not so sure about the cockerel. (Chicken soup anyone)?
    Hope you and Toni have a good time this weekend. Leave us some cake please. Do not worry about the cockerel Toni I have a plan.
    Thanks Val, yes I think we could all make up the blood bank between us!
    Hi Sharmaine, that’s reassuring about the 4yrs on diclo. I have been taking them one or two a day but I did not really know how much good they do. It’s been a Learning curve all the time.
    Iris, thank you so much for your good wishes. Hope Wally is behaving.
    Chris, how’s the cold? Yes it is good that I am getting the full works but not that keen on having to go back for the results. Worry guts me at times!
    Hi DD, yes I know I must face up to things. I thought I had really but easy to fool yourself. Will have to wait and see what the results are and go from there. I know I have been sooo lucky so far.
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Ironic, glad you have been back to the GP (even if you wish you hadn't!) and that he is making sure you are ok with all these tests. Re the diclo - I take the same dose as you, but as 2 x 75 mg tabs (one morning, one evening) and I think I am right in saying that the 75mg tabs are slow release, but the 50mg tabs aren't. You might find that the 75 mg tabs are easier on the stomach. Just a thought...

Good luck with all the tests.

Love Tilly x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    frogmorton wrote:
    g070.gif

I am a wee bit worried abouy the cockrel Iris....

visiting Cris tomorrow :shock: :?

Love

Toni xx[/quote]

I think you'll all need shin guards :roll: :? either that or ...remember to pack some stock cubes. :lol::lol::lol:

ps...have a great time at Cris's...very lively with Primmy, Rowan and don't forget Hope...she's probably still got on her best dress and hair ribbon. :wink: (it's a mad house!)

Ironic...you got the pot ready??? mmmm chicken soup..yummy :lol::lol::lol:
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Ironic, I'm sorry you are suffering more - but it is good that your GP is being diligent - even if that does mean a bit of stabbing! Keep us updated.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi I,

He is on his way for dinner tomorrow :wink: Glad you said soup ...... he is a bit old :lol::lol::lol:

Hope your feeling a bit better today and will save you some cake though I did throw the one I made today to the chicken.... I turned the oven down too low cus I didn't want t burn it... back to the risk of burning tomorrow morning and maybe the lad could 'accidentally' get shut in a box eh? ((( ))) xx

Hey Iris I just wouldn't fit into a sain house :wink::lol::lol: xx
  • ironic
    Hi Tilly, did not know about the 75mg diclo tablets. So thanks for that. I might get away without the Omeprazole as I seem to be tolerating the diclo at the moment.
    Hello Speedy, Hope you are ok today. It will be a while before I get the results so fingers crossed.
    Hi Iris and Cris,
    I have an urge to buy some sweet corn so when Sydney the cockerel comes for dinner I could entice him to have a look round the wood shed. Do you like my new feather boa? :lol::lol::lol: