X ray result

Options
pixie01
pixie01 Member Posts: 52
Hi help team,
I was told I have Inflammatory arthritis last year. Last month started having severe pain in neck, shoulder and down arm, also burning to right of spine below shoulder and then after a week weakness in arm, this is all on the rightside. Was sent by gp for xray of cervical spine, this is result, There is reversal of the normal cervical lordosis associated with moderate multi level degenerative changes with disc narrowing and osteophytosis C4/5 C5/6 C6/7. Facet joints normal. Gp has given me copy to give to rheumy, but not seeing him till oct.
What I am wondering is wether this is to do with inflammatory arthritis or is this osteoarthrits? All help appreciated. Thanks Jo :)

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,488
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    pixie01 wrote:
    Hi help team,
    I was told I have Inflammatory arthritis last year. Last month started having severe pain in neck, shoulder and down arm, also burning to right of spine below shoulder and then after a week weakness in arm, this is all on the rightside. Was sent by gp for xray of cervical spine, this is result, There is reversal of the normal cervical lordosis associated with moderate multi level degenerative changes with disc narrowing and osteophytosis C4/5 C5/6 C6/7. Facet joints normal. Gp has given me copy to give to rheumy, but not seeing him till oct.
    What I am wondering is wether this is to do with inflammatory arthritis or is this osteoarthrits? All help appreciated. Thanks Jo :)

Dear Jo

Thank you for your posting. When it comes to what has caused these changes we are not medically trained so you would need to speak to your rheumatologist about diagnosing this. If you do not want to wait till October to speak to them can you contact the rheumatology department and speak to the rheumatology nurse about the results of your spine xray and what this means before your next appointment? If you follow the link to the information on our website this will lead you to the booklet ‘Understanding arthritis’ that may be helpful. I hope this information is helpful to you.

Best Wishes
    Dawn
  • pixie01
    pixie01 Member Posts: 52
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    pixie01 wrote:
    Hi help team,

Dear Jo

Thank you for your posting. When it comes to what has caused these changes we are not medically trained so you would need to speak to your rheumatologist about diagnosing this. If you do not want to wait till October to speak to them can you contact the rheumatology department and speak to the rheumatology nurse about the results of your spine xray and what this means before your next appointment? If you follow the link to the information on our website this will lead you to the booklet ‘Understanding arthritis’ that may be helpful. I hope this information is helpful to you.

Best Wishes
    Dawn

Hello Dawn,
    Thank you for your reply, I will contact the nurse.
    Thanks Jo