LOCOM

Options
snowball
snowball Member Posts: 3,465
edited 23. Aug 2010, 12:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
I was wondering if anyone else has had to see a locom doctor. I had too yesterday miles from where I lived and the dodctor I saw couldn't speak much English, the fact that I had earache and couldn't hear very well didn't help :roll: In the end I came out with a prescription for ear drops, it was clear I had an infection but because I'm on so many meds he didn't know what antibiotics to give me :shock:
I now have an infection in my other ear and think I have one in my eyes, but I will wait to see my own doc tomorrow, who will give me some antbiotics. I would have thought even a locom would know what meds I can have.

Jules x
((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    that awfull he should be reported not good enough what if had been small child could have died
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Julie,

That just isn't right! I think they should at east be able to understand what you are saying and so hope tomorrow you have a better appointment.

In my old practise I used to try and see the locums as the indigenous docs were so awful! I guess I was lucky as I never saw a bad one really..... Fingers crossed for you flower. ((( ))) Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Hi Julie

am hoping you get sorted out today :(

Then in a couple of days you will feel better.

Dont like thsi locum malarky but think we are stuck with it :(

Love

toni xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Julie

Would tell your doc about the locam.

Hope your doc can sort you out and that you feel better soon

Julie PF :) x
  • snowball
    Options
    I should have known it was going to go tits up when I said my left ear was hurting, :? thats the look I got as he was trying to figure out which was my left :roll: In the end I gave him a clue, and pointed to my ear :roll:
    Today I am going back to see my gp, as I still have earache and very sore eyes, one eye is red, maybe I am turning into the devil.

Jules x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh snowball, I hope not. Please don't, we like you as you are! Good luck with the GP, I hope they can diagnose the problem and get it sorted for you - you sound very uncomfortable and that is miserable. Please let us know the outcome. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • snowball
    Options
    More antibiotics and eye drops, now going to sleep :D

Jules x
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Julie

I hope you feel better soon sending some (((((())))))

Love Trishs xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I hope they bring relief, and soon. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • snowball
    Options
    jules hun make a note of the meds he gave you for future refrence in case you need out of hours again :wink: hope u feel better very soon xxx

Thanks Jan saw my gp yesterday and she told me to bin what he had given me and she has given me some other stuff. Good idea writing it down though, good finkin gunga din :wink:

Jules x
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    A few years ago had some ear trouble in fact I went as deaf as a boot.Saw a locum doctor(Enlish) who said i had swimmers ear After a week of drops went bacK to him and he said it was infection inside my ear and needed a hospital appointment.He said i would get one in about 5 weeks I ended up paying £95 to go privately Appointment same day.The specialst syringed my ears and everything was perfect.So it's not just foreign doctors who are a problem :wink: