Another Newbie

Options
amboritic
amboritic Member Posts: 66
edited 19. Aug 2010, 12:27 in Say Hello Archive
I have recently been diagnosed with some form of Inflammatory Arthritis, Rheumatologist wasn't more specific but I would suspect RA, I have been treated with 2000mg a day Sulphasaline (?spelling), this was after a referral to a rheummy by my Physio, at MusculoSkeletal Assessment Clinic, GP alwyas seemed dismissive of my back and neck pain, had it for at least 4 years, worsening in the last 2.

At my last appt with the rheummy he said I have fibromyalgia aswell.

I work for the NHS, and work specifically for an Ambulance service, Frontline and have done so for over 10 years.

Just though I would introduce myself and an insight into my Med Hx here before asking any questions in the LWA area.

Thanks.

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi amboritic and welcome to the forum!

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis - RA and fibro is a lot to deal with but I really hope that you start to see some benefit from the Sulpha soon.

You will get lots of support on here from others who understand the struggles of life with arthritis - they are a great bunch and I wish I had found the forum sooner.

As you say, LWA is the best place to post specific questions because we all look there regularly - and please do feel free to join in on Chit-chat if you want to - always some fun things on there and the cafe thread on chit-chat is a great place to go for a chat and some calorie free cake!

Look forward to seeing you posting again soon.

Love Tilly x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi amboritic
    A very warm welcome from me, you really have come to the best place,we all support one another and are very friendly.
    You must have mixed emotions just now, any questions you have post on LWA, and when you are ready come and join us in chit chat.
    You take care
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Can't really add more to the above! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi

Just popped in to say a warm welcome from me.

There is not much to add as it has be said above. The people on here are very nice and friendly and surpportive on here.

Hope to see you around the Forums soon

Trish xxx