starting to see why

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 19. Aug 2010, 10:32 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi

i am starting to see why people dont like FB someone hacked into my facebook page, and when i got back from holiday it had be disabled so i had to figure it out how to do it, got it all back but i think my friends on facebook are going to be confused as i logged on with another email address, OH some people out there, if i could just get my hands on them grrr
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That's not very nice at all, did you report it?

Nx
  • only49
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    That's not very nice at all, did you report it?

Nx
    changed my password and someone said that facebook do the rest, but how do you report it.
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    I'm sure you can report abuse once you've logged into your account. I can't access FB from work otherwise I'd have a look and tell you

Nx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I have had problems too Sylvia.Had internet threat alerts, identity threat alerts, my fb message page disappeared. Have had laptop checked by computer man and extra put on. My E mail had a trick message-I deleted it. It seemed to come from a fb friend but name was spelt incorrectly.
    I havent reported anything as laptop security appears to have stopped it and because I am worried about trick messages and addresses on fb.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    I also heard a friends has been hacked too. he has had it done more than once recently.
    I just delete any messages without reading the from FB in my email. I cant read them now as ive changed Email address but not on FB.Cant trust anything these days. :roll: Better to be safe than sorry.
    debs
  • tkachev
    Options
    Sylvia, what did the hackers do with your fb page?

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Read this Facebook security page http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=420 on how to report hacking, etc.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Hope everything is ok Sylvia?

Poor you :(

Love

Toni xx
  • tkachev
    Options
    Hi Joseph,

Thankyou for the information. I dont know if anyone has got into my account as i am certain the security prevented it but i did have a suspicous E-mail from a friend, misspelt name, and not from facebook but written in a very similar style but I deleted it without reading.
    My facebook messages are back now.

I have also been misdirected to other sites when trying to come on here and facebook. One sent me to a body building site and a few other attempts have started. You can see the name of the site its sending you to. Today was arcadegames. I X out. Is this okay?

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Facebook is sinister. I will not touch it with a disinfected barge pole. On the surface it is a good thing, but delve a little deeper (which many do not) and it is deeply unpleasant. Someone 'invited' me to be their friend recently: I already have her address, 'phone number and email. We meet up occasionally, mostly at my instigation - it's me that does the keeping in touch. I am already her friend. I refused and she is most upset, even a tad angry. Twerp. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    Options
    I am still experiencing problems i will start a new thread cos Joseph seems to have disappeared.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • only49
    Options
    tkachev wrote:

Elizabeth
    they placed an advert on it for a free mobile phone and the link was dodgy and it also said i was on facebook when i wasnt one of my fb friends told me, sad state when you cant trust anyone. found out how to het it back although facebook dont make it easy, i asked for a surity code to be sent to my mobile and i entered it and that got me back, so now my poor friends will have me twice oh well they know me and my fb times i am on so with them they let me know if anything unusal happens and i going to be very vigilant from now on.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Why not get out of it altogether? What does it do that nothing else does? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Options
    only49 wrote:
    tkachev wrote:

Elizabeth
    they placed an advert on it for a free mobile phone and the link was dodgy and it also said i was on facebook when i wasnt one of my fb friends told me, sad state when you cant trust anyone. found out how to het it back although facebook dont make it easy, i asked for a surity code to be sent to my mobile and i entered it and that got me back, so now my poor friends will have me twice oh well they know me and my fb times i am on so with them they let me know if anything unusal happens and i going to be very vigilant from now on.

Hi.... I deactivate mine each time Im logging off...it looks like you no longer have an account to others..But so long as you friends know that you do,they know you will be back!
    To get back on its just like logging on again! I have made mine virtually invisible with all the privacy setting just allowing certain people. You can also view how it looks to named people.
    When you deactivate it tick the box that says.. this is only temporary I will be back..otherwise it may delete your account .. CB
  • tkachev
    Options
    Thanks for that CB and welcome to the forum,I have altered my privacy now-at least I think I have.

DD I really like to keep in touch with my older girls and look at old photographs from the 80's and 90's. The rest of it is just tittle tattle. Mind you Jan keeps you smiling!

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein