The Olympic Stadium

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 19. Aug 2010, 05:18 in Community Chit-chat archive
I was sitting in the kitchen, noisily munching toast and slurping tea (the sex goddess rears her beautiful head once more!) when I heard something that made me inhale toast. I managed to hear further info whilst coughing and spluttering (I am too sexy for my own good sometimes.)

West Ham have expressed an interest in taking over the stadium once the world has waltzed off to the next big event in its history, but the club faces huge expenses, including £120 million odd to build a roof. Yup, build a roof. A partial roof is being constructed because, as it will be a SUMMER games, the designers feel that a full roof will not be required. A summer games in London. A brief pause to consider that . . . . . . . . .

They are constructing a partial roof, which presumably will be over the area where the big-wigs will be seated, but the hoi-palloi from around the world will have to be content with water running down their necks of their London 2012 cagoules (their own waterproofs being taken off them on entry so they HAVE to buy the £50 lurid nylon efforts, complete with Lisa Simpson on the loo branding should they wish to stay something resembling dry) whilst peering thro the murk and gloom of an average summer's day in London (well, if they don't need a roof they won't need floodlights will they - stands to reason, it's a summer games, wall-to-wall sunshine for 14 hours a day) trying to spot people running and jumping and throwing things. The athletes will, of course, all be clothed in all-black arrangements, as that will contrast well with the fog and mist surrounding them.

We all know what an English summer consists of: three baking hot days in May. The rest is murk, gloom, cold and lashing rain. Bill Bryson once described living in this country like 'spending 11 months of the year living in Tupperware' (or words to that effect). I'm off for my meth stabbing now. Rant over. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That was a rant and a half DD - (or should I say sex goddess)!

I suspect, me being the cynic I am, that it's all about cost saving because, like all these big builiding projects, planning, project management and costings are either wildly under-estimated in the first place or just badly implemented, leaving huge gaps in the funding. And don't even get me started on whether or not it's a good use of taxpayers money...

Love the Bill Bryson quote tho' - will remember that for future use.

Good luck with the meth stabbing - hope you don't have to wait too long today.

Tilly x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Morning DD

Hubby supports Westham....

You Is a major sex Godess b055.gif

That is true....

and yes it does rain a s010.gif fair bit in Engletaire

Hence je suis off to France in the morning :D

Love

Toni xx

PS I can do a mean choke too on toast, water,spit anything really

I think it only adds to our feminine mystery....
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning DD

That was a good rant. How are you now?

not much to say on the subject except the whole thing a waste of time and money.

Anyway hope you managed to finish off your toast, oh theres a bit on your chin. That's it you got it.

Hope youhave a good day.

Toni have a lovely holiday.

julie pf xx
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    olympics games - another total waste of money!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It won't be big enough. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben