Re:Thick or what!?.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 20. Aug 2010, 10:15 in Community Chit-chat archive
Now is it just me or was George Bush totally full of s*&t, I have just seen film of this snake eye'd f&*kwitt standing on an aircraft carrier announcing the war in Iraq is over just after they got to Baghdad and kicked over the odd Sadam statue, now the US has pulled it's front line troops out they the US are at it again one of the gun toting turnips jumped from his Humve or whatever the thing is called and said and I quote "we've won!", have I missed something here?, won what exactly the highest body count in the last 30 years!??, my view is I'll give it around 9 to 12 months before the whole thing goes up in flames I hope I am wrong but I have a feeling the fun starts from now.
Iit will take that poor country years to recover from the mess the US made if ever, mind you just think of all the fat civil engineering contracts the US sub contractors can now get their grubby hands on, and all paid for by their oil pumped out the ground again by the US!.

makes me proud!!, god bless America!

Comments

• mellman01
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Bloody hell I just came on here to read yoor reply Len and he's on TV again screaming "it's over we won we brought democracy to Iraq!!" yeah right mate just keep taking the Prozac you moron!!, Jesus the most dangerous thing on the planet is a red neck with a gun, he probably thinks because there's lots of sand around he's in flippin Texas!.
    Special relationship means we pay for it they make it, look at Trident or rent a rocket, we don't even hold the launch codes they do so we can't even fire the dam thing, not that we would, Trident is far past your average city killing nuke, multi megaton warheads are really the last resort, that said anything over a 100 KT will make a really big crispy hole anyway, sorry I went off on one there.
    I know the world is a nasty place but the way i see it going round invading and generally shooting up the locals isn't going to make you any friends in fact the opposite is the norm, I mean have you ever sat down and worked out how many countries the US has either invaded bombed or messed up with or by their actions?, well I have and it's breath taking, democracy s&*t they wouldn't know it if it ran up and punched them in the face.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    We're just as bad. Our history is hardly pristine. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mellman01
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    We're just as bad. Our history is hardly pristine. DD

Yeah but that's Toni Blairs fault, recently we have been quite good for a change then "Toni" messed it all up, is it me or does he look like an orange with a strange grin?.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    We have more history than the yanks mell. We go back far longer and have done far worse. Being British doesn't make it OK though. DD
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    take em out Mell!! infact get some target practice here first!

arent we still payiing america back for their help they "charged" for for helping in ww2?!

the thing that surprises me is
    when there is meant to be trouble in a country e.g Iraq, if there is meant to be trouble why dont nearby arab rich countries help out?
    also when countries have environmental problems why dont neighbouring countires help out....there are lots of rich arab countries but they never seem to help their nearest neighbours.
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    oneday wrote:
    take em out Mell!! infact get some target practice here first!

arent we still payiing america back for their help they "charged" for for helping in ww2?!

the thing that surprises me is
    when there is meant to be trouble in a country e.g Iraq, if there is meant to be trouble why dont nearby arab rich countries help out?
    also when countries have environmental problems why dont neighbouring countires help out....there are lots of rich arab countries but they never seem to help their nearest neighbours.

The USA didn’t enter the war against Germany until 1941 (and then only when Hitler declared war on them). But Franklin Roosevelt took great advantage of our desperate position in 1940. As the Germans advanced through France in early summer that year, he offered one of the most unfair bargains in the history of diplomacy – 50 worn-out, ancient destroyers in return for nine rent-free US military bases in British colonies.

He had already insisted on hard cash for war supplies, which rapidly depleted Britain’s gold and currency reserves. And Britain only finished paying for ‘lend-lease’ wartime aid – down to the uttermost farthing, plus interest charged for late payment – on December 29, 2006.

grr, who needs friends like that. i have been sat here for 4 mins waiting to type due to rubbish ibterbet xixokirer, biw u an typing and cannot see what i am typing. have you been on this site when you type in reply box and sentence doesnt scroll so you have no idea what is being printed,why does it happen
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Mine does that when McAffee is updating/downloading/pratting about. DD
  • mellman01
    Options
    Thing is one nations predicament is another nations opportunity, although without the industrial support of the US we here would have had a much harder time of things they never came out of it out of pocket, we paid for all the kit we used and it took us until the late 20th century to pay it back.
    Britain was the only country after the war with full rationing as we were effectively bankrupt and left to our own devices, Germany and Japan on the other hand didn’t have such severe rationing and the US paid for the re-tooling and modernising of their industrial base so they could get modern cheap consumer goods for their home market that is why both Japan and Germany have massive industrial infrastructures.
    DeBeers the US diamond company even lobbied congress and got what they asked for, and that was a limit on the amount of diamonds the US government gave us throughout the war as they were worried if we could machine more equipment then the war might end early and we could well sell our stock of diamonds to pay off our war dept thus lowering the world diamond price.
    Bottom line is the US always only ever acts if it thinks it can get payback for doing so, take Afghanistan, it’s massively mineral and oil rich and that is the real reason they are in there, we are in for support only, street cred on the world stage, OK so old Bin laden was based there but the Pakistan/Afghan borders are only so on paper, it’s a membrane that the Taliban and their ilk use as a convenience and only really exists in the minds of Western governments. So that’s why I take a slightly cynical look at US foreign interventions/policies, a couple of final thoughts, Bush and his close inner circle of right wing rattlesnakes were making plans to go after Sadam over a year before he/they got into power.
    Oh and after 9/11 does anyone remember the Anthrax poising of the New York postal service that immediately followed the attack? they traced it genetically to a US military bi weapons stock but no one was every caught!, odd that!??