i come across someone called

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 19. Aug 2010, 14:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
hello

when i was on my holidays i went into this shop and the person serving behind the counter was called Arthur.

i had never met he before and i explained that i had arthritis and that none of our like Arthur he knew what i meant and said he is always getting told that and that his dads name is Arthur too his family have a running joke as he said his sister keeps saying to him i got a touch of Arthur he seemed like a kind of person that used to it and it water of a ducks back, i remember leaving the shop thinking maybe Arthur no so bad after all :):):)

he had a sense of humor as well

so it just shows your never know when you gonna come across arthur :wink::wink::wink::wink:
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Arthur does have a sense of humour.

When we decide we feel well enough to do something he comes along and bites you. Then you feel so tired you cannot do the things you were going to do.

I had a uncle called Arthur too.

love Trish xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    My dad was called Arthur, which is why you will never find me calling this disease by that diminutive. My dad was lovely - everything that arthritis is not. Arthritis is everything he wasn't. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    My very dear friend bought a camper van, now called Arthur,from a man called Arthur who has been diagnosed with R.A.

My dad was Wally and I so hate it when people say what a Wally!He didnt like it either and used to go a bit red in the face when he heard that phrase!

E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein