To that woman who urinated on the Cenotaph at Blackpool

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 6. Sep 2010, 16:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
I hadn't heard this, I live too far south/east. I'm with you in spirit tho. Words fail me. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Slag.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Time to stop her benefits then. Yours ( a bad-tempered and inclined-to-go-off-at-the-slightest-provocation) DD
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 20. Aug 2010, 18:09
    Options
    Hi Alan

The woman is symbolic of the general lack of respect shown by some people in our modern society. I was glad to see that a number of war veterans went to court to show their disapproval. The trouble is that the woman is probably so thick that it wouldn't have shamed her.

Some metal plaques with the names of dead soldiers were recently stolen from a war memorial in Derby. There seem to be no depths the thieves will not stoop to these days. It is truly sickeneing.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • joanlawson
    edited 20. Aug 2010, 18:18
    Options
    David Charnley, defending the woman said: 'She had been drinking but now realises how much offence she has caused the public and what she has done.' Strange in that case that she arrived 40 minutes late at court, and when she saw the war veterans, she swore at them.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Joan
    I coudn't agree more, this country went downhill years ago, but has now reached an all time low. Where do you go from here, probably worse if the truth is known. No respect, no future, this country is starting to get up my nose.

Respect for other people begins with self-respect, and this is what seems to be so lacking these days. It begins with the way children are brought up by their parents. Some parents ignore or neglect their children, and fail to provide any kind of role model to them, so it ends up with the children growing up to repeat the same pattern of behaviour. With the breakdown of the family as it is these days, I think the situation will only get worse. I don't know what the answer is.
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Shameful. Words fail me.

Nina X
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    There is a general lack of respect everywhere now, especially amongst some - not all - of the young. There is no respect for the law, no respect for teachers, no respect for the police, no respect for other individuals, no respect for society and its social conventions. People lack manners, lack courtesy, they do not see why they should curtail their behaviour to fit the basic norms. They bang on about their rights and entitlements - the bit that has gone out of the window is the fact that duties and responsibility goes hand-in-hand with those rights.

We need to bring back proper punishments. We are far to namby-pamby in our dealings with miscreants. People need to re-learn a fear of consequences for their actions. There are no consequences, hence no fear. Prison is comparatively cushy, community service is hardly punishment, fines are pointless. I would like to see the re-introduction of the stocks, public humiliation is possibly the way to go. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    She has been to court. Her defending counsel blamed excessive alcohol. I blame her. Even when thoroughly widdled (as I have been from time to time in my youth) I would never have done what she did. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Alan
    I can only imagine what the old solders in Blackpool think, we have been a few times to there events...and they are the proudest of the proud.
    I look at it this way. no good will come to her.
    I could say a lot more....better not
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,939
    Options
    A few months ago my sister was at the check out at sainsburys.
    and a person in the next line shouted the lady be
    hind her did the other thing you should not do the bigger one.
    i was lost for words.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,939
    Options
    yes but you can imagine not nice.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    I hope you get something bad, like arthritis of the neck, spine, legs,arms, toes, fingers, wrists, knees, shoulders, ankles, and anywhere else Iv'e forgotten.

I hate you, this country has gone to the dogs. alanmancunian

disgusting slapper :!: :!: :!:
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    cant believe it happened in sainsburys!

as for centopath moron, just dont even look at people like that....
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Oh God She pissed on some stone What happens to child abusers people who bully old and helpless old people Hang the lot of them I say :P :P :P
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    woman like that will probably turn out to be a bully of old people and God knows what her kids will be like :!: :!: :!: