Benjamin Mouse.......

Options
skezier
skezier Member Posts: 11,333
edited 23. Aug 2010, 06:58 in Community Chit-chat archive
This has been in my head since December and its just got to get out cus I was trying to do something much better and it kept getting in the way…. So….

Benjamin Mouse.

Benjamin, Benjamin, Benjamin Mouse,
Fetch me a dream and build me a house,
And make it of stone and make it stable,
With plenty of room for a dining room table,

Make a big kitchen with quarry stone floors,
And best you make it with extra wide doors,
And plenty of big windows especially facing West,
Cus Benjamin Mouse you know that’s the best,

Make a big bathroom and a roof made of slate,
For when the wind blows and the rain that I hate,
And while your at it please build me a shed,
So the girls come home and can have a bed,

Stone clad the front and fetch me a gate,
It will happen one day cus its decided by fate,
So Benjamin, Benjamin Benjamin Mouse,
Fetch me a dream and build me a house.

Don’t know why its him cus he is a rather old collie! Hell the junk in my head……..

You all take care and ((( )))’s all round. Cris xx

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That's sweet, Cris. I enjoyed reading it. It isn't junk at all :!: :D

((((( )))))) from me, and a big purr from Tommy :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    thanks cris it good wish i could string words together but not my thing val
    val
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Oh Cris

I'm in tears. I know how much you want that dream. We will have to have a sticky on poems so we don't lose them.

MoDs

Can we have a sticky poem's corner please so we can read these poems our peeps like Cris and Joanne write PLEASE we don't want them to disapear.

It might encourage more of us to try our hand at it. That is if Joanne and Cris agree.

Between is we can write one about arthur.

love Trish xxxx :)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    skezier - tears. Can't see to type. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I like the idea of a poetry corner trisher - but to grace arthritis with words? Mine would be a poem full of asterisks! DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Cris.that is lovely and straight from the heart
    found this picture and thought of you
    g02158.gif
    Love and hugs (((((()))))
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Don't worry these things popping up in your head Cris is just a little mental blowback from all the late night drinking and general merry making you did as a teenager, happens to me daily, mind you I have been around the track more than once if you get me drift!? , oh we have a mouse that lives under the back step and we call him/her Gerald and or Geraldine, been there a while now and lives off me bird feeder and raised bed veg he/she does, drives the dogs potty.
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Joan,

Its kinda border line junk :lol: that's the bridged version... the real one goes on for ever.... add to it most days I think :lol:

I do poems to the cats as well but for some reason Gimps gets called Benjamin Mouse.... and from there this grew. He isn't even a nice dog! I know why his last people didn't want him :lol::lol::lol::lol: I kinda fond of him now but it took time... hell Haz it took me over 18moths to like so Ben isn't even close to that league..... he doesn't eat chairs and cars so that helped :lol::lol: (((( )))) and purrs to Tommy. Cris xx

Hi Val,

Go on give it a try...... its good therapy for the mind. xx

Oh Trish it wasn't meant to make anyone cry, sorry.

Hey when house prices recover I have a bit of real estate to sell and will go head to head with the planners :wink: I think I will use builders though and not this dog....... :lol::lol: (((( )))) xx

DD, dreams, loud music and pregabalin..... the meaning of life :lol::lol::lol: xx

Hi Barbara,

Is from the heart especially when the weather gets a bit rough! Never sure how it came to be his poem though...... he is very clingy and insecure and often under the feet... I have tipped over him a couple of times as well :shock: as he is knee high (or higher) never have worked out how do that! He isn't builder and if he were he wouldn't do me a house though he might make a very nice kennel :lol::lol: ((( ))) and I love Wolves as well :D xx

Hi Cham,

Ah now I am the old crone just right of the picture now a days :wink: I hope so much that your are feeling a bit better today? e have a bit of brightness trying to break through the clouds just now... give us a hand o climb up and part them please :wink: ((( ))) xx

Hi Mel,

Oh its caught up then this miss spent youth :lol::lol: Recon I had it coming after the things I did :lol::lol:

Your dogs mus go ballistic over Gerald or Geraldine.... I don't think I could have one that close to me really but this year we have had a bit of trouble with 'big' mice and them I will not tolerate... though I need better ratters I think... this lot just confirm it is a rat! Thankfully they are not here just now as I am so scared of them I even have the breathing attack... now that's just silly eh?!

Hope you doing ok there and things are settling for you? Cris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I don't do rats. Or mice. Or snakes. Or spiders. Especially not spiders. We have an odd bright green thing on our bedroom ceiling today, I will need muchos bierros before going to bed tonight. I just don't do nature. DD
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi DD,

Will come and get rid of them for you... I ok with spiders ... as long as they not too big! Used to be ok with snakes but have only seem dead ones for a number of years now. When I was about 3 I picked up an Adder..... it didn't bite me and it seemed to like going through my hands..... The adults were going mental and kept telling me to put it down..... I did eventually and the gardener stamped on its head and killed it... I have always flt sorry for them ever since.... Was some lucky though eh?! xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    You do love animals, don't you? I think it's something you are either born with or not. I wasn't. Having been severely allergic to cats and dogs I guess that's been enough to put me off them for life - and yes, I know I am missing out but the b****rs used to try and kill me with their dander when I was younger! DD
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    only just seen this and wanted to add my congratulations on such a lovely poem.

hope cornwall is not too wet today and that you didn't get blown away in the gales.

hugs
    WOnky
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    I`ve only just spotted this too, Cris. I love it.

Never give up on your dreams. They help make life worth living.......Much love......Ange.