please help

Options
mike77
mike77 Member Posts: 879
edited 22. Aug 2010, 08:01 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi all I hope someone can advise me where I can get a disabled sticker now that I have the blue badge . is there anywhere that give you one for free???

loocked at some on the internet but they are looking to sell them.

any ideas most welcome.

thank you for reading this.
Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I don't think so, I think you have to pay but I have no idea how much they are. I have seen them in my local disabled supplies shops. Surely they cannot be that pricey - it's only a sticker! I just display my BB. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mike77
    Options
    Thank you very much for looking at my post. I see that some of the stickers are £2.50, saw a few cars with the blue badge at the front of the car on display and the back was a big yellow sticker saying disabled , every where I go I see the same . so thought I would get a sticker (i might have known it would not be free) I also see that there is so many .

:D:D:D:D:D Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR :D:D:D:D
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I think that those who do go for the sticker option often have specially adapted vehicles, ones with ramps etc - I think they hope that the sticker will encourage other drivers to leave them clearance etc. I could be wrong: often am. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Mike
    Sorry I have a blue badge but I havnt seen the stickers, think I must walk round with my eyes shut :roll: :)
    Do you know when you get delivery of your car, hope its soon.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    For some people £1.50 is a lot of money. Not everyone is as rich as Croesus, rehab! DD (currently the proud owner of £2.17p in cash)
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    I have a disabled sticker in the back window of my car,
    I have a hoist for my scooter , but i just about always park in a dis space. Don't think they are really taken notice of by other drivers.

(only when they think they can beat you at the lights. ah!! I give them a run for their money I am disabled not daft) :mrgreen:

pf xx :)
  • mike77
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Mike
    Sorry I have a blue badge but I havnt seen the stickers, think I must walk round with my eyes shut :roll: :)
    Do you know when you get delivery of your car, hope its soon.
    Barbara x
    Hi Barbara, I hope to be getting a call at the end of september or mabye october, the man next door to me told me his mobility car took 14 weeks to be delivered , he got no adaptions done as his wife drives the car , he just got a hoist for his wheelchair, maybe a hoist takes long to make.

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • mike77
    Options
    thank you but I might leave it for a while ( I only asked a queastion rehab)

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    mike 77, ignore him. It's the best thing to do. He does have his moments, but this isn't one of them. DD
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Mike

I have a blue badge and it is already in a plastic folder I just stand it up on the dash board. As long as theyc an see it clearly in the front of the car that is fine.

You can use a bit of blue tac to keep it in place.

The only other place is Motorbility they might do them.

Trish x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Personally I dont want disabled over my car or house. I feel then that certain members of society will take pleasure in picking on me. The blue badge goes up in the windscreen when we park and that is enough for me.And hopefully its only noticed by the traffic wardens.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein