DWP phone numbers

Options
grampyal
grampyal Member Posts: 81
edited 23. Aug 2010, 04:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi, Anyone know how to ring the DWP office at Swansea that calculates Pension Credit. When I finished work I was fortunate to have sickness cover but this has now expired so savings have been used to supplement the £91 IB. Eventually realising my savings were diminishing I applied for Pension Credit by phone. A very helpful lady offered to fill the form in over the phone and said that if I told her I had less than 10k in savings no check would be made (offer to cheat?) . On phoning helpline and asking how long claim would be I was told 8 weeks. After 12 weeks someone phoned and asked for more information which I offered to phone back to her. When I used the number she gave I only got a call centre who refused to put the call through as requested but said they would e-mail swansea for them to ring me back. This they have not done 7 days later. What a daft way to work. Can we get the direct phone numbers for all the offices and share them?

Comments

• ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry cannot think of anything but to ring the number again. You need a ref: No. But as they have not replied in writing of course you will not have one.
    All these offices have the same flaw... never the same person twice :?
    Sorry not nuch help but I wish you luck and hope you get something sorted.

Lv, Ix
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    You have to use their system rather than try to go around it. Forget contacting Swansea or you will be waiting for years as its now all done via the call centre, which should be able to sort it out for you.

Call the Pension Credit helpline on 0800 99 1234 or textphone 0800 169 0133, open 8.00 am to 8.00 pm Monday to Friday.

Big call centres can have 200+ people on shifts, so always contacting the same advisor is not really possible They can be busy or not there and they won't phone you back, as 50 callers might all want to speak simultaneously to the same advisor. They don't give out office numbers.

Any advisor can call up your records when you phone and you won't usually talk to the same person who you spoke to previously. Simply phone the number above, answer a few security questions and then explain any amendments or updates to whoever answers. They will immediately update your records if necessary on their computer, then send confirmation to you by post.

Make a list of your personal information and write out in advance what you are calling about and then it saves you trying to remember everything as you go. Your reference number is always your Social Security number, no matter how many times you contact them.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • grampyal
    grampyal Member Posts: 81
    Options
    Thanks all for advice. Will be using sites in future. Joseph- I appreciate what you are saying but what I find so frustrating is that I am now dealing with people who ring you up and ask for information and then give you a reply number that does not allow you to give them the requested information. I ran my own business for years but if I had done it this way we would have gone bust very soon. Is this why the country is in the mess it is? Out of the 9 or 10 calls I have made only 2 -3 have produced a result. This cannot be cost effective.
    One piece of advice I was given by a DWP advser was that if you cannot get satisfaction ask to speak to a manager.
    Thanks again for help, Al