REALITY TV

Options
snowball
snowball Member Posts: 3,465
edited 27. Aug 2010, 17:20 in Community Chit-chat archive
Is it just me who has never watched the xfator or britain has got tallent :?: Please tell me I'm not the only one :roll:

Jules x[/b]
((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all

Comments

• robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    snowball wrote:
    Is it just me who has never watched the xfator or britain has got tallent :?: Please tell me I'm not the only one :roll:

Jules x[/b]

Me neither .....or Big Brother.........

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Never. Life is too short. Believe in what you can do, not what you cannot do. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    No, it's not. It's presented as that, but in reality it's the public humiliation of talent-less, deluded, fame-seeking wannabes, who have no idea how they actually appear to others, and have hugely over-inflated opinions about their abilities. It's the 21st century equivalent of a freak show. DD
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Its all such wonderfullly eccentric stuff, if it doesn't make you larf or groan they you must be dead from the waist up.
    It is all good harmless fun. :D

Some of the wannabes seem dead from the waist up, or even brain dead, but they must all realise by now that they are liable to be ridiculed. Some of them are so bad that it is almost like performance art in action. They could band together and win the Turner Prize if not the X Factor. Stranger things have happened :!: :roll:

Good grief :!: ( thought I'd spare you the trouble, Len :lol: )
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I think that's the essence of the problem tho, joanlawson. They do not relise they are going to be ridiculed. They, poor deluded things, think that because their family tolerate their ghastly caterwaulings or other antics at Christmas, somehow that qualifies them for Live at the Palladium. They do not have the reserves of mental strength which one requires to deal with SC et al, or all the trash that follows: SuBo is the classic example. Where is she now? Still struggling somewhere with life. And she's not that good a singer. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sorry Julie I love it.....but Britain's got talent is my fav...such a mixture :)
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    I don't believe any of you who say you have never watched them :lol:
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I state again I have never watched a single episode, or even one minute of any of those programmes.

Reality TV? Don't make me laugh - they're about as true to real life as elephants flying.

Annie
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I'm with annie - never watched any of them. Ghastly stuff. DD
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    I state again I have never watched a single episode, or even one minute of any of those programmes.

Reality TV? Don't make me laugh - they're about as true to real life as elephants flying.

Annie

Ha Ha!! gotcha>>>>>>>>>>>>> you must have done to know about that elephants thing!

:lol: *CB*
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    carola wrote:
    I don't believe any of you who say you have never watched them :lol:

I too have never ever watched an episode of any of these shows.
    They're embarrassing.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Someone in my village appeared on Wife Swap a while ago. I asked her later what it was like to be on the programme, and she said that the producers manipulated things to make it look as though she neglected her children. They told her young son what to say on camera, and then asked him to cry while he said it to make more impact.

However, it was a bit of an eye-opener to me because I had no idea that she was running pole-dancing classes from home. She had removed all the furniture out of the lounge, and had installed lots of poles instead. It just shows that you never know what is going on behind closed doors :!:
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Joan I have to ask, will you be going for lessons :?:

Jules x
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • joanlawson
    Options
    What makes you think I haven't already been :?: :?:

g1225.gif
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Joan.

Someone in my village appeared on Wife Swap a while ago. I asked her later what it was like to be on the programme, and she said that the producers manipulated things to make it look as though she neglected her children. They told her young son what to say on camera, and then asked him to cry while he said it to make more impact.

thanks Joan very interesting and a tad disturbing, I always thought something like this was going on, I guess reality TV is kind of like fast food, mass produced pre processed low quality and packaged to attractively to catch/stimulate the eye but not ones intellect. Sort of like a 21st opium for the masses.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    I think that the main thing about reality TV from the point of view of the producers is that it is cheap to make. But I think people have had enough of these rubbish programmes now, and hopefully, there will be less of them.