40 on 21st August

Options
suncatcher
suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
edited 23. Aug 2010, 13:24 in Community Chit-chat archive
I had a lovely time at the Black country Museum in Dudley. It was my fortieth Birthday. I had a meal with family on the 20th at a pub.I really enjoyed my Birthday. Ive mostly had money. I bought some canal art which i love. Some cloths and i hope to get some new garden furniture. from joanne
Joanne

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joanne

I'm glad that you enjoyed your birthday. The Black Country Museum is very interesting, isn't it?

Life begins at 40, so they say, so the best is yet to come for you :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Thanks joan.
    Joanne
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Joanne

:D:D So happy to hear that you have had a lovely day on your 40th birthday. So, you are a mere youngster then, my lovely! :D I hope you have some photos or will be given them, to mark your special birthday weekend. Garden furniture seems a grand idea. :D

I was at a 90th birthday celebration today, there were about 50 of us. We very rarely meet up altogether so it was quite emotional at times, for me anyway, being a soppy moo and it was not even my side of the family!

I hope your celebrations will continue all Sunday too, even if you relax all day! :)

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • suncatcher
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    Dear Joanne

:D:D So happy to hear that you have had a lovely day on your 40th birthday. So, you are a mere youngster then, my lovely! :D I hope you have some photos or will be given them, to mark your special birthday weekend. Garden furniture seems a grand idea. :D

I was at a 90th birthday celebration today, there were about 50 of us. We very rarely meet up altogether so it was quite emotional at times, for me anyway, being a soppy moo and it was not even my side of the family!

I hope your celebrations will continue all Sunday too, even if you relax all day! :)

Love
    Elna x
    The hubby and his brother are finishing the wooden patio tomorrow nad getting rid of rubbish. The garden will be nearly finished barr the furnature but im waiting for the sales for that. Thanks elna hope u enjoyed the 90th birthday and got some good catching up done from joanne
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Hi Joanne

Good to hear you enjoyed your day. I bet you're shattered now :wink:

Hope you have a restful, but enjoyable day tomorrow, to round off the weekend nicely.

Take care,
    Lynn xx
    Thanks am shattered love joanne
    Joanne
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi joanne

Well what a nice birthday you had. Glad to know you had a lovely time.

Take Care

Love Trish xxxx
  • suncatcher
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Hi joanne

Well what a nice birthday you had. Glad to know you had a lovely time.

Take Care

Love Trish xxxx
    Joanne
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I have posted on your birthday thread but your 40th deserves a special mention. I am so glad you enjoyed your day. I like the canal art too. However, the patio and garden clearance would be my ideal present but very unlikely to happen here. You are very fortunate. Lets hope the sun shines in September and you get to enjoy using it.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • suncatcher
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    I have posted on your birthday thread but your 40th deserves a special mention. I am so glad you enjoyed your day. I like the canal art too. However, the patio and garden clearance would be my ideal present but very unlikely to happen here. You are very fortunate. Lets hope the sun shines in September and you get to enjoy using it.

Elizabeth
    Hi elizabeth thanks for posting on my thread it means a lot. The canal art ive since looked up on internet. I am hooked to a new thing now.
    Ive had it in mind to find some milk churnes first idea to put flowers in. I saw some done in canal art and i really want one i had some money for my fortyeth and have thought id like one to camorate my day at the black country museum. I wont be puting pants in these for certain. The decoration will be fanastic on its own.
    I hope it is nice in september as its not looking good now. all the rain. x from joanne
    Joanne
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Glad you found your other thread
    What a lovely day you had...dont forget 40 is the new 20...I say this becuse I am 60...the new 40....wish I felt 40 :)
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Glad you had such a wonderful day.

Yes life does begin at forty

love julie pf now 47 and lovin it xxxx
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    I'm so pleased your 40th went off with a bang :D What did you get for your birthday, apart from a lovely day out?

Nx