hubby's friend

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 22. Aug 2010, 12:18 in Community Chit-chat archive
hello everyone

what a weekend i had, D birthday which went very well, and today we had to be a good friend and help hubby's best friend, tony which is hubby's best friend was very upset as he had got himself in a right old mess, he a really nice chap the kind of that can would sooner help someone that not help, but as we all know there is a lot of bad guys out there, anyway to cut a long story short he had stood guarantor for a friend and this so called friend had not payed of the money he had so its fallen back in tony to cover his debt and he was very worried about it and poor man was so upset, we listened and said that he should as soon as he gets back home he should go to the C A B about it they will help, i think it makes him feel better for talking about it and now he knows he got to do something about it, i pointed out that it not as bad as he thinks it is as he been worrying and loosing sleep over it, as long as he takes steps to do something about it now.

so i guess that what friends are for we all need someone to listen to us sometimes and help as the saying goes 2 heads are better than one, and a problem shared is a problem halved.

what a day it been.
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh, poor Tony. There are some unscrupulous creeps in this world. I hope he can get some advice from somewhere, but I suspect he will be liable for the money. That's why these people do what they do. They get the cash and the fun and leave some poor sap to pay it all back.

I think that a trouble shared is a trouble doubled. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • only49
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Oh, poor Tony. There are some unscrupulous creeps in this world. I hope he can get some advice from somewhere, but I suspect he will be liable for the money. That's why these people do what they do. They get the cash and the fun and leave some poor sap to pay it all back.

I think that a trouble shared is a trouble doubled. DD
    oh well just goes you have to be so careful out there, i hope it dont sound horrible, but he got himself into it, he have to find a way out of it, all we can to is give him advice thats all.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Very true. I do feel sorry for him tho. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Sorry about your friend. You should be very careful about helping someone like that.

I hate to say it but he more than likely will be liable to pay the money that is owed as he signed a contract I expect.

Let us know how he gets on

Love Trish xx
  • only49
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Very true. I do feel sorry for him tho. DD

thats the trouble these days its far to easy to get credit and so hard to get out of it, me and hubby are the kind that if we cant afford something we do without till we can and i dont think thats a bad way to be, life is never easy, i had a few run-ins with some company's and you have to just stand your ground sometimes, if youre right then you are but if you are not you got to amit it and say sorry.
  • only49
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Sorry about your friend. You should be very careful about helping someone like that.

I hate to say it but he more than likely will be liable to pay the money that is owed as he signed a contract I expect.

Let us know how he gets on

Love Trish xx
    oh i could agree more, what worried us id we wanted hubby's brother not to lend him this money as if he did and his friend did not pay it back then he lost out you got to be so careful