silly question but....

Options
jordansmum
jordansmum Member Posts: 257
edited 24. Aug 2010, 12:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi all i was wondering how you manage to get your blood results ,as jordan has had 2 lots done but i don't go back to the hospital until oct. He has a book for his blood records but how do i get them as i would like to see if there has been any change :oops:

Comments

• stlucia
    stlucia Member Posts: 392
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    jordansmum wrote:
    hi all i was wondering how you manage to get your blood results ,as jordan has had 2 lots done but i don't go back to the hospital until oct. He has a book for his blood records but how do i get them as i would like to see if there has been any change :oops:

Hi I was told I could phone the nurse at the GPs and she would be able to look up the bloods I had done at the hospital. Hope you get them!
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Jordansmum,

I get blood results from the hospital when they've taken the sample, if my GP has taken the bloods then I can give the surgery a ring or update when I visit.

My GP is not able to access the hospital records for updating me and my book but the hospital has access to all.

It may be different in your area and you could always try ringing your GP or Jordan's Rheumy's secretary for advise rather than wait for his next visit.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • scattered
    scattered Member Posts: 326
    Options
    Ring the rheumy nurse and ask what the procedure is. At my old hospital I took my book to every blood test and the nurse would fill it in with the last lot of results before taking the blood for the next round of tests. At my new hospital I hand the book over when they take my blood and it gets sent off with the blood to the lab and they fill it in there and post it back to me. Different areas have different procedures.
  • jordansmum
    jordansmum Member Posts: 257
    Options
    oh thanks guy's i will do .Hope your all feeling well today xx jenny
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I get mine every fortnight at the hospital as I have to go there for my weekly methotrexate. They also copy them to my GP. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben