nanasue Member Posts: 465
I am having a problem with my consultant, he is very aloof and dismissive. I asked my GP if she could refer me to someone else but she said it would probably have to be London (Ilive in Hertfordshire) and could be just as bad or worse. She suggested I could request not to see him at an appointment but ask to see one of the other doctors in clinic, which would help when there is another doctor there but sometimes it's just him. Should I make a complaint about him? When I saw him in July he told me to come back in 9 months, which will be April, when he knows I'm always worse in the winter, I think this is disgraceful but don't know what to do about it. Any help would be gratefully received.


  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi there,

    I'm sorry you're having so many problems with your rheumy. Where abouts in Herts are you? I'm seeing a consultant in a Hertfordshire hospital and he's great. I'd highly recommend him. Maybe you could ask to be referred to his clinic?
  • nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thanks for the reply. I live in Hemel Hempstead so I do hope we're not talking about the same person. Any other information you could give me would be appreciated.
  • jordansmum
    jordansmum Member Posts: 257
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hi when i had problems with appointments with jordan i got in touch with pals who run in conjunction with the hospital you can tell them the problems that you have had and they will try to sort it out for you . They did for me even with having the consultant phone me at home so do'nt give up ,take care xx jenny