doctors

Options
daylily
daylily Member Posts: 619
edited 25. Aug 2010, 13:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
:? hi. i'm new to forum. went to see my doctors last week with painful knee (already have very painful feet ) and she flatly refused to look at my feet when i took shoes/socks off saying i went with knee and she would only deal with that. i don't understand because when i move my foot my knee hurts. has anybody ant suggestions

Comments

• roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi welcome to the forums :D

I think you should try and see another DR that is ridiculus that she wouldnt look at your feet only your knee :? I would probably complain about her !!

Rose x
  • daylily
    Options
    roses1 wrote:
    Hi welcome to the forums :D

I think you should try and see another DR that is ridiculus that she wouldnt look at your feet only your knee :? I would probably complain about her !!

Rose x
    HI. THANKS FOR REPLY. I DID COMPLAIN AND I'M NOT VERY POPULAR WITH THE PRACTICE NOW. GOING TO PAIN CLINIC AGAIN TOMORROW I'LL SEE WHAT THEY SAY. AS THE SONG SAYS KNEE BONE CONNECTED TO LEG BONE. WHY DOCTORS DO NOT DEAL WITH WHOLE BODY I DO NOT KNOW. :roll:
    TAKE CARE, DAYLILY
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi Daylily

Good for you complaining its not on is it?

Its good you got pain clinic tomorrow you will get more sense from them or shud do! Hope all goes well for you :D

Rose x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello daylily, what a rubbish doc. Download the lyrics of that song, send them to her with a little note stating that as she had obviously missed the day they did the skeleton when she was doing her correspondence course medical training (from QuackDoctors.com) you thought this little ditty might help.

If she wouldn't check, then yes, try to see another doctor if you can, or make a double appointment with rubbish doc, stating that you wish your feet and legs to be examined. That way she has no excuse. NO, on second thoughts, go and see another doc. To hell with popularity: I wasted years in the early stages of my arthritis 'cos I listened to rubbish docs. This is your health and well-being, and they should be mindful of that. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Well that is frankly ridiculous - but I have read something similiar to this before - someone saying their GP insisting one appointment - one problem!!! How ludicrous.

Definitely go back again. How silly - now you will have to take up another appointment.

Let us know how you get on.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    I have never heard such utter rubbish.

Make another appointment immediately and take with you a letter of complaint to the Practice Manager stating you wish a response by return.

I have no hesitation in complaining about things as my body and health are far too important. To balance it out a bit I also write letters of thanks eg the last one was to the Rheumy Nurse who helped me obtain quicker appointments.

I am still shaking my head in disbelief at this. I mean, as others have said, body parts are connected to other body parts which means that could lead to the root of the problem and aside from that if your foot hurts it needs looked at.

Good luck.
    Carol
  • daylily
    Options
    speedalong wrote:
    Well that is frankly ridiculous - but I have read something similiar to this before - someone saying their GP insisting one appointment - one problem!!! How ludicrous.

Definitely go back again. How silly - now you will have to take up another appointment.

Let us know how you get on.

Speedy
    hi. i've been to pain clinic today and guess what?
    she said go back and see doctor!!!
    doc said it was ligament , pain clinic reckons its joint in knee.
    funny old merry-go-round isn't it :roll:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    It is common practice for GP's to only deal with one problem at a time but in your case I would have said they were connected!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein