I feel so silly...

Options
sillyswede
sillyswede Member Posts: 47
edited 25. Aug 2010, 16:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've just spent a night on the sofa, and my joints say it was NOT a great idea. Seemed like it last night though... :roll:
A sofa that it's not quite as long as I am tall, so legs hanging off it, and sides high enough to have to prop yourself up or you'll break your neck. OUCH! :|

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    OOOOHHH!!!!

not a good idea eh SS :roll: :?:

think we've all fallen for the misleading comfort of a soft sofa at one time or another...... but we do pay for it next day :wink:

hope you can straighten out and don't have to walk about with a 'crick' in your neck for the rest of the day :!:

Iris x
  • sillyswede
    sillyswede Member Posts: 47
    Options
    Yep, I can be A LITTLE bit silly sometimes :lol:

I'm just sore and 'clicky' all over at the moment. I blame Five, putting three CSI on back to back like that.... :lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I recorded them, so I could watch at a civilised time!

I think we've all done something similar - indeed, skezier is having to make a determined effort to sleep in her bed as she tends to nod off in her armchair - and that plays havoc with her neck. I myself suddenly succumbed to the zeds last night, on the sofa, but managed to rouse myself and get to bed. It is easily done, sillyswede, you will recover tho - and try not to do it again! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Oh Sillyswede I used to do that all the time ... put S to bed, go downstairs to watch a bit of TV, settle on the sofa, nod off and wake up in the early hours/dawn - cold, stiff and wishing I had gone to bed ... couple of hours alarm clock would go off and I would feel as if I'd only just started my nightsleep in my lovely bed ... as DD says, Cris does the same on her armchair. Easy done.

Speedy

PS how come it is easy to fall asleep for a "nap" in the wrong place and often far harder to fall asleep in the right place - a comfy bed?!
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi SS

Hope you have a good night's sleep tonight and the joints are not shouting at you so much tomorrow..

Marion
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I have had a text from skezier, who is reknowned for sleeping in an armchair. ''Tis a bad place to sleep' she says, so, for both of you, GO TO BED. I hope you make it tonight. Sleep well, sillyswede. DD
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    Options
    oh dear hope you finally uncrimped, I wasn't allowed to watch the trilogy by hubby so will have to catch up on the recorded ones when he's not about.

One of the few joys of being tiny is that I fit perfectly lying flat on our huge sofa and ours is really quite firm (i like them like that) so it isn't crushingly bad when you dose off, now if i could work out how not to be used as a trampoline by a toddler when I do this life would be perfect
    :wink:
    Chrissie
  • joann1
    joann1 Member Posts: 263
    Options
    Theres nothing like a bit of csi through the night when you cant sleep, like you just wish the sofa was a little more comfy I always end up with Marley my little doggy squeezing on and he always gets more room that me, everything always seem so loud to when your sitting on your own.

Jo-Ann
    Jo-Ann
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    That is true: telly on one's own is always loud. I wonder why? Oh, show Marley who's boss! DD