Job App Sent Off

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 26. Aug 2010, 11:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hey Guys/Girls

I wanted to say have been to jobcentre today and it wa quite positive for once...SHOCK!!!!
I saw someone from a company called A4E Connect To Work. I asked her opinion on my application form. She helped me fill it in and made it look positive (im really pants at stuff like that)....Bsically she told me she will look out for work that can be fitted to my needs and she said if I start work and they have helped me then I get a one off payment of £300.00 (thats for full time, its £150.00 if 16hrs or less). She was lovely and told me to come back in Sep 22nd, no hastle just to see how im doiing.
Now have sent off app form and ticked am disabled but my applicatin is positive and i think i can be good there again. At this company however it depends who interviews me, if my face fits with them, ie if they liked me whether they knew me or not when i last worked there.....So fingers crossed be good to be intervieed just at least....
Thought would tell folk that there are some good souls out there and not all people associated to DWP/Government are cretins!!!!
Elainex

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    WOW Elaine you are on a roll, doesn't it make a difference when the people you see are human and best of all kind...it doesn't take much.
    I have everything crossed for you.
    Good Luck
    Love Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    That sounds positive Elaine, let us know how things go.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Barbara

Well it does make a difference and the woman i saw today herself told me that the system in place by government/ATOS are only enabling the people who knew how to work the system do so even more. Meanwhile the real people who need help are getting turned down.

Thanks for fingers crossed.

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Yes will do, should have news within a week or so eh?

Elainex
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Good luck elaine. It's about time you had some! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi

Well yes thanks although wont get hopes up too high but hope that something goes my way for once eh?
    Thanks

Elainex
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Good to hear you had a good interview....and support. :wink:

(Was this intervies under the Work-Related Activity- ESA?)

hope it all works out for you Elaine. :D

Iris x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Good luck elaine glad you feel positive
    pf xx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Iris

No I did it off me own back as im crap at putting into words how to make me sound better!! She said it doesnt affect my ESA claim and there is no pressure whatsoever, Im basically pulling the strings not them....
    How are you getting on with your recovery, please let me know? Know youve had an infection but be good to know youre on the uphill ascend to being better?

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Thank you and yes feel a tad positive, got to make interview yet n show my convict number 9 passport photo...LOL...That'll scare em!

Elainex
  • dorcas
    Options
    Hi Elaine,

doubly good on you doing this 'off your own back'. :D taking control rather than waiting to see what might happen sounds a really positive way forward.

Don't worry about the passport photo...... do they ever make us look even remotely attractive?.... I think not. :wink:

I'm doing fine and recovering well after my wrist op and infection..... started on my third anti tnf too... so it's onwards and hopefully upwards. :mrgreen:

let us know how you get on ?

Iris x
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Iris

Well yes its the only job I would consider doing just now as they accomodated me so well last year and i did have about 10 days off with AIDisease too. I have a funny feeling they wont employ me this time though, dont know why, just know it depends who interviews me and if its not someone who knew me tnhey may see me as lazy.....I will have to wait and see...I just need to try and see if i can earn some money and see if i can manage full time work again....Will be 42 soon...GROAN!!!
    You know i cant even imagine what its like to have had a wrist replacement, i mean it affects everything you do dont it? From getting up, dressing, eating and just keeping your balance even...I think you have great spirit as many would get depressed with infection but you seem really sparky....:-)
    I will let you know if i hear anything, same goes right back at ya??!!

Elainex

PS Passport photo is more like red hot poker up the ......!!!!!
  • dorcas
    Options
    Elaine,

they thought the world of you when you worked for them didn't they?... and you didn't have a reputation for being lazy... so why would they think that now? :wink:

zinging some positive vibes your way Elaine :mrgreen:

Iris x

ps.. I have worse photo of me on my Blue Badge.... taken on a day when I felt awful, looked ninety nine, had no make up on whatsoever and a poker face any card player would die for. :shock:
    I now have the indignity of having to look at it for the next X years with only myself to blame :lol: serves me jolly well right for not going properly glammed up .ha ha!
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Iris

Well my line manager told me when i left my work had been of a very high standard (I used to input over 1,000 orders a day when some would only manage 500) but thats just me quick with my fingers....But in this company sets of two people ionterview you and if i get ones who didnt really work with me they might not know me as well, I guess its scary after my time off. It does matter to a certain extent who likes or dislikes you, I mean i didnt have a cross word with anyone from there but havent kept in touch with ex colleagues in my temp team but most of them were students going on a gap year travelling....I guess sometimes i need to remind myself im kinda okayish...CONFIDENCE! I mean i ticked the box so they gotta interview me I think, closing date aint till Sept 6 mind....
    OMG - Dont mention my Blue Badge, but its better than my dad's he got an old photo so he looks about 60 when he's in his late 70's and he has on a scabby polo shirt and jumper ensemble..NICE!!! Mine gets renewed in 2012, maybe glam up then...LOL....
    Re your photo well as long as you dont look like the joker its cool aint it???
    Have a good Thursday...(whats left of it)....

Elainex