arthritis in foot

Options
paulinuk
paulinuk Member Posts: 3
edited 25. Aug 2010, 15:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi,have in my left foot aand sometimes its painfull to walk,i sometime walk sque wif to avoid the pain ,am just stuck with it,or can i do anything,also now have ms which does,nt help i now cant walk very far ,use to able to walk for miles around a city,now i just i just dont know what to do

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

what sort of arthritis do you have? Who is treating your arthritis? Are you taken any meds?

There are other "foot folks" on the forum who will be along to share advice.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi,

I was diagnosed with Osteo-arthritis in my left foot following an x-ray in November 2009. It is painful to walk, mostly first thing or later in the day or standing for 10 or so minutes. I already have R.A.

I would tell your GP. i have been advised to have a triple fusion to rectify it and told this will stop the pain but because of my age(47) they feel I should wait a bit. So a painful wait it is.

Of course it could be a different problem with your foot but an x-ray should help with a diagnoses,
    Take care
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • paulinuk
    paulinuk Member Posts: 3
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    Hi,

I was diagnosed with Osteo-arthritis in my left foot following an x-ray in November 2009. It is painful to walk, mostly first thing or later in the day or standing for 10 or so minutes. I already have R.A.

I would tell your GP. i have been advised to have a triple fusion to rectify it and told this will stop the pain but because of my age(47) they feel I should wait a bit. So a painful wait it is.

Of course it could be a different problem with your foot but an x-ray should help with a diagnoses,
    Take care
    Elizabeth
    hi had xray its arthritis,must have had it quite longtime also have ms pp in same leg,wich does not help me,i have to think when i,m walking now,because of tripping a lot,not so good working in an auction lol
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    How miserable, I feel for you. Do you use any form of support? How does the MS affect things? Are you in the early stages of that? I have PA in both feet, ankles and knees and have to use crutches - I don't like 'em but they do help with stability, balance and support. I can walk for about 3-5 minutes, then I need a nice sit-down! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi
    Sorry I cant help with your question, apart from have you tried foot supports in your shoes.
    Hope things improve for you very soon
    PS a very warm welcome if you are new to the forum.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara