Nearly there

Options
joann1
joann1 Member Posts: 263
edited 27. Aug 2010, 13:59 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hiya All

Just a quick update, off to the hospital on tuesday 31st to find out whats involved with this new stem cell treatment & when my operation will be, fingers crossed it will work, waited so long for this that im now feeling quite scared :? :roll: , no that its the only thing that guna help though.

hope you all doing well

Jo-Ann
Jo-Ann

Comments

• cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good luck Jo Ann
    Will be thinking of you on the 31st...my appointment date too!
    Hope you get everything sorted out so that you are fighting fit for the op.

*CB* :)
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Good luck from me too Joann :D

your treatment is so cutting edge isn't it? so we'll all be waiting to hear how you get on...and support you with the next stages. :wink:

Iris x
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Jo Ann,
    Well it's going to be an interesting one. Really hope that it goes well for you and you get some reassurance when you go.

Have you got anybody going with you?

The advances that are happening give us all a glimmer of hope.

It will be great to hear how you get on.

Lv, Ix
  • joann1
    Options
    cebeem wrote:
    Good luck Jo Ann

Good luck for you appt CB, we both be thinking of each other x
    Jo-Ann
  • joann1
    Options
    dorcas wrote:
    Good luck from me too Joann :D

your treatment is so cutting edge isn't it? so we'll all be waiting to hear how you get on...and support you with the next stages. :wink:

Iris x

Thankyou so much Iris, going to be off work a little while so this group will be my saviour x
    Jo-Ann
  • joann1
    Options
    ironic wrote:
    Hi Jo Ann,
    Well it's going to be an interesting one. Really hope that it goes well for you and you get some reassurance when you go.

Have you got anybody going with you?

The advances that are happening give us all a glimmer of hope.

It will be great to hear how you get on.

Lv, Ix

Yeah got my partner coming with me (hate saying that we been together for 17yrs haha), he'll have alot of questions for consultant some that i wont have even thought of, fingers crossed it works and this procedure can be offered all over the country, im looking forward to it just abit apprehensive, but got to think positive x x
    Jo-Ann
  • cebeem
    Options
    joann1 wrote:
    cebeem wrote:
    Good luck Jo Ann

That will keep our minds occupied!
    Just googled the stem cell regrowth ....sounds an amazing breakthrough!...it will be very interesting to follow your story with this.
    Hope you get all the right news then on Tues

((( :) ))) CB*
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi I hope everything went well for you!
    Love Sue
  • joann1
    Options
    cebeem wrote:
    joann1 wrote:
    cebeem wrote:
    Good luck Jo Ann

Just googled the stem cell regrowth ....sounds an amazing breakthrough!...it will be very interesting to follow your story with this.

Just got the leaflet through this morning with a little info about what happens, its one of those where you really wish you hadnt read it but no that you have to, it seems very complicated, got to be seen by a consultant and a co-ordinator, can drive for a total of 12 weeks il have to retake my test at that rate haha, and do you no what my boss said th"the think is thats what they tell you after you have had a c-section, think what im having done is totally different!!!
    Jo-Ann
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi jo-ann

Abit late in saying this but good luck for tuesday. What an exciting but very scary time you will be going through at th moment.

will be reading your reports

good luck again
    love pf xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi jo anne will be with you in thought and your pocket we are there for you stay strong it will be so much better when it done val
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Jo-Ann,

Good luck on the 31st, i shall be in your pocket eves dropping as its such cutting edge stuff isn't it? I am sorry the letter has made it a bit more difficult but hang in there and see what happens on Tuesday. A ((( ))) to go with you. Cris x
  • cebeem
    Options
    joann1 wrote:
    cebeem wrote:
    joann1 wrote:

Just got the leaflet through this morning with a little info about what happens, its one of those where you really wish you hadnt read it but no that you have to, it seems very complicated, got to be seen by a consultant and a co-ordinator, can drive for a total of 12 weeks il have to retake my test at that rate haha, and do you no what my boss said th"the think is thats what they tell you after you have had a c-section, think what im having done is totally different!!!

No Idea some bosses .... which people management course taught them that response.....! Bet they are the type who lets the whole world know when they have a sniffle. *CB*
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    joann1 wrote:
    Hiya All

Just a quick update, off to the hospital on tuesday 31st to find out whats involved with this new stem cell treatment & when my operation will be, fingers crossed it will work, waited so long for this that im now feeling quite scared :? :roll: , no that its the only thing that guna help though.

hope you all doing well

Jo-Ann

Hi Jo-Ann,

good luck for Tuesday go prepared with a list of questions to ask. Hopefully you wont have to wait long for the procedure and then you will be able to focus on the rehab and recovery and looking to better mobility and no pain.

We will all be following your treatment with interest and there to support you as you are pioneering this treatment.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.