some people

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 27. Aug 2010, 09:41 in Community Chit-chat archive
hello

there is a lot of sayings out there, " you cant put sense where there isn't any" "some people never learn" " no fool like an old fool " etc

we have been reminding hubby brother he must lock his house door when ever he goes away from his home, does he listen no he caught him out this morning as hubby had to go back to pay him for a paper, and he was no where to be found, anyway we did catch up with him and asked him if he locked his door and he lied and said he had, but hubby plainly said to him this is his very last warning if don't he will have no choice but to inform his social worker at the council, maybe that may of shocked him and he will do from now on but i will be surprised if he does, and we would love for him to have listened, oh well families who cant choose them can you.
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• only49
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    Could you change the door lock so that is can't be opened even if he forgets to lock it, assuming he takes his key with him.
    Now there's a thought delboy, a yale lock would do the job but and you knew there would be a but, if he locked himself out he would keep bothering us for the key and so sorry but i dont like him and hubby losing patients and i might push off a cliff soon, :roll: :roll: sorry for that but they just do it dont they he does thats for sure.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Better to do what Dell says, and leave a spare key or keys with neighbours
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • only49
    Options
    i think thats what going to have to be done, he got a neghbour who knows everyone and watches who about so i think we have to get on to the council as its there house
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    I hope you get ths sorted soon. Unfortunately, people like this often don't learn until the worst happens.

Nx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Only49,

I would be inclined to get his door fitted with a yale lock too. A spare key could be left with the neighbour - but also you can get those key safes that you fit on the outside wall and have a combination number lock - usually 4 numbers. Of course he could still put it on catch, but with a bit of luck he'd no bother just like he doesn't bother to lock it.

A few years ago we had an intruder in our house. I'd fetched the washing in and taken it upstairs and somehow the back door had got shut and not locked. That evening a chap entered a neighbours unlocked garden gate ... and jumped over the fences between the gardens trying doors on the off chance and ours was unlocked ... I disturbed him in the hall ... thought he left with nothing but he actually took my shoulderbag. Made me very jumpy for awhile and very particular about keeping the backdoor locked.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • only49
    Options
    speedalong wrote:
    Hi Only49,

I would be inclined to get his door fitted with a yale lock too. A spare key could be left with the neighbour - but also you can get those key safes that you fit on the outside wall and have a combination number lock - usually 4 numbers. Of course he could still put it on catch, but with a bit of luck he'd no bother just like he doesn't bother to lock it.

A few years ago we had an intruder in our house. I'd fetched the washing in and taken it upstairs and somehow the back door had got shut and not locked. That evening a chap entered a neighbours unlocked garden gate ... and jumped over the fences between the gardens trying doors on the off chance and ours was unlocked ... I disturbed him in the hall ... thought he left with nothing but he actually took my shoulderbag. Made me very jumpy for awhile and very particular about keeping the backdoor locked.

Speedy
    hi speedy thats why we want him to lock his door as near where he lives there are drunks who hang around near the paper shop, fingers crossed after the rolliking he had yesterday he may of listened i hope he has, hubby going to keep chacking on him and he not going to tell him when he be down he just turn up out of the blue.