A rollercoaster of embarrassment

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 27. Aug 2010, 14:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

I've just had an embarrassing incident with a rollercoaster :!: :shock: My grandchildren challenged me to go on it, and I couldn't refuse, although it was against my better judgement. I was apprehensive, but then I thoroughly enjoyed the ride, screaming at the top of my vioce as we twisted and turned in the air.

But then the embarrassment began at the end of the ride. The safety bar holding me in place wouldn't release me, so when everyone else got off, I was trapped. The man in charge came and tried to move it, but it still wouldn't budge. Then he went and pressed various buttons on the contol panel, but to no avail.

By this time, the waiting queue was getting somewhat restless, and I felt hundreds of impatient eyes upon me. Visions of having to be cut out by firemen, or whizzing round on the rollercoaster for eternity flashed before my eyes. :!: :shock: Then it was suggested that I might be able to wriggle sideways out of it ( ''if you are slim enough!'' ) , so I breathed in, and somehow, I managed to escape more or less in tact, with only my dignity injured. I would never have thought it was possible for me to squeeze through such a small space, but the alternative wasn't very appealing.

Needless to say, the grandchildren thought it was the highlight of the day, and one of them said she was going to write a story entitled,''When Grandma got stuck on the rollercoaster'' It's a wonder that someone didn't film it and stick it on You-tube :!: :roll: :roll: Maybe they did!!

Joan :D
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi joan

I am sorry but i smiled at your mishap. :oops:

really I bet it was embarassing for you and hope you can laugh now.

The grandchildren will have a great story for an english lesson and probably get an A , I expect they will exagerate a little but what fun they will have writing it. :)

Love juliepfxx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Oh Joan i bet you wont go on that again
    or will you.
    i can imagine how you felt.never mind you enjoyed it and you will always remember it.
    take care. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Joan you did well, I am now afraid that the they wont get the bar down, never mind get it up.
    At least you had a good day, and so did the kids
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Oh Joan I am going to have a look on you tube :wink: barbara I too worry if the bar will come down and lock with ease :roll:

Jules xx
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I do hope someone filmed it Joan!!!! Sorry, but it really made me laugh. You were very brave in the first place and bet you felt the ordeal was over when the rollercoaster stopped.....

full marks for being a top Nan,

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Thanks for sharing Joan!

well done for surviving the ordeal with some of your dignity intact :D . Bet the kids loved it though and will be telling everyone.

really made me laugh too. shame on me !:wink:

Iris x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi thanks made me smile would never have got out if had been me lol well done but the firemen would have been cute lol
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Yes Val, in retrospect, perhaps being rescued by a hunky fireman would have been a better option. Why do I always think of these things when it's too late :?: :wink:

It wasn't the best thing in the world to have everyone staring at me as I squeezed myself through a tiny space. I was sure I was going to get wedged half-way, and that would have been even more embarrassing :shock:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    joanlawson wrote:
    Yes Val, in retrospect, perhaps being rescued by a hunky fireman would have been a better option. Why do I always think of these things when it's too late :?: :wink:

It wasn't the best thing in the world to have everyone staring at me as I squeezed myself through a tiny space. I was sure I was going to get wedged half-way, and that would have been even more embarrassing :shock:

do not even think it will bring you out in a cold sweat :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
    val
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Joan

You do get in some pickles don't you?

I fon't know what it is about but on the news I noticed a roller coaster wonder if it is you??????

love Trish xxxx
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Hilarious, Joan!

Marion