devestating illness

Options
nordman
nordman Member Posts: 6
edited 28. Aug 2010, 15:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, my name is bobby. I have been diagnosed fibromyalgia and suffer severe stress, pain and burning in my muscles, joints, bones, and I live with extreme fatigue and weakness. I have chronic headaches, and I have severe aching and stabbing pains throughout my stomach. I also have a great deal of depression and anxiety and loss in response to the limits the illness imposes on me. The pain, it never goes away. When does it end? Night and day, never ending, It take me down.
I used to have friends but now, it seems like I have said “Well, I don’t feel good today, so I am going to have to stay at home” one time to many. Everyone assumes I am “sick“ so they never call anymore. I feel so alone, and at the same time I don’t want anyone around me. People used to respect me, and now, how can anyone respect what I have become? Weak, in pain night and day, tired all of the time, and not enough energy to do anything. Who could respect and love anything like that?

I am afraid of being alone, being forgotten, being unloved and unwanted, and I am terrified that I will never be needed again, for anything. Work? That is almost funny. am lost my ability to bring home the food, the act of contributing to anything anymore. I just can’t do much of anything that requires endurance. I know someone did this to me. They had to. I don’t deserve to live like this.

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Bobby,

Oh that was heart wrenching cus I been there too! I think this should really be on the LW forum and hopefully the mods will move it over.

Its a horrible condition, the tiredness, the pain and the loss of self esteem but you are still you. You are feeling the isolation of both the condition and the withdrawal of your friends and its triggered this lck of self belief thing.

I honestly think you might find talking to your gp about counselling could help you. I had months of it oer one of my conditions and it really did help me to come to term with it. Its easy to say things will get better for you and I know you don't believe that just now but go see your gp and see if they can help.

We are all here for you and will be with you every step of the way. You need to talk all this through and that's what this forum allows you to do. Bobby I wish I knew the answers but I do know you are a worthwhile person and i will get easier to cope with.

Sending you a cyber ((( ))) and nice to meet you. Cris x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,935
    Options
    Hi Bobby
    You have come to the right place for help people on here are very helpfull.
    i think you need to go and tell your doc about your pain there must be some thing else you could have
    to help you.
    take care we are thinking about you. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Options
    Hi all,

I am going to put this in the Living With Arthritis zone, as I think it will get more replies

Jean
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi bobby

glad you found this forum and hope that you can soon start to feel better.
    I hope that your doctor can put you on the right track soon by giving the right meds for your pain

meanwhile I know there are plenty of people here who will try to help you by giving you support and advice.

thinking of you
    pfxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Bobby
    You poor thing, have you seen a rheumy, you should not be in so much pain, with the right meds, sometimes it dose take a while but once you get your medication sorted, you should feel easier.
    The depression runs along side I am afraid, there are quite a few people on here on ADs, sometimes just a mild one really helps.
    But the best thing you have done is come on here and talk about it, this is the first stage, everyone on here are so supportive , any question you have just ask, we are always here, and if you want to rant then go ahead and we will listen.
    Please stay with us, I have been on this site for around 8 months, and it is the best thing I ever did.
    Hope to see you posting more very soon
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hello Bobby

I am so sorry to read of your suffering :(

This is a devastating condition but the illness is not who you are. It is something you 'have' that you are not responsible for. :!:
    There is no rhyme or reason to having arther... It's not something we did, or didn't do, it wasn't 'given' to us.... it's just life. None of us would wish it on another person, nor can we wish it away... but we can accommodate it and learn how to manage it so that we are in control and not the condition.

I'm glad you have found the forum Bobby.... cause many of us have felt the way you have to varying degrees, questioning 'why me?' and resenting the limitations arther has imposed on our lives. We gain strength from each other here...are never judged...meet wonderful people who understand and accept us for who we are and not 'see us' in terms of our condition.
    I do hope you will find the support and friendship you need from being here so please stay with us and keep posting.

It is overwhelming for you just now Bobby but it will get better. If you need to talk to someone please contact our helpline (0808 800 4050). The helpline is completely confidential and have helped many of us (including me) through difficult times

Iris x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 27. Aug 2010, 12:41
    Options
    Hi Bobby

I am so very sorry to read your posting just now. You have done something positive today because you have joined this forum and we will all help and support you as much as we can. You say your friends have drifted away, well you are now in amongst a whole new circle of friends. We are all in the same boat to a greater or lesser degree and we do understand when others do not, as you have unfortunately found out.

I see you enjoy reading. There are often threads on the ChitChat zone were people recommend good books to read and so on. I hope you are able to continue with your swimming too. That is meant to make everything feel much easier when in the water.

I do hope that you have a GP that you get on with and perhaps you ought to go and see him/her to have a chat about how you are feeling.

The helpline is there for us too, just pick up the phone and talk with one of them. Many people have truly been helped by them. The number is top left of the screen.

Stay with us and we shall look after you.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • deborahjane
    deborahjane Member Posts: 120
    Options
    hope you feel better soon,my friend has same condition,she was in a lot of pain etc,until she got on right medication ,and she is much better now,im sure you will too,good luck, :):)
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Options
    Hi Bobby Welcome!

Stay with the good people on the forum...they get you through the difficult days and you can often find someone to talk to even during the night or by personal messages and emails.

You must get some help with the pain meds they dont sound sufficient for you at the moment.

Also tell the people around you exactly how you are feeling....sometimes we presume they should know because we know.
    You may find they are unaware of what you are going through...so let them know!

Good luck you have done the right thing coming here...hope to see lots of posts from you *CB*
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Welcome, Bobby but sorry you had to find us.

Yes, fibro is a painful complaint. I saw the Rheumy back in July and he thought then that I had it on top of everything else (I have 3 other arthritic conditions).

Reluctantly I think he is right........things have got worse for me since the weekend, but all I can do is trot along with it and do the best I can.

It does seem as if you need a med review so that you get better pain relief. Having less pain does help with the tiredness, so might be an idea to get back to the doc and see if they can help.

Annie
    xx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Bobby

Joining here will help you a lot. You will make friends with people who understand just what you are going through and how much you are suffering.

Quite a lot of us have lost friends as we cannot do the things they want us to do. They never understand and that is an important part understanding and you will get a lot of tjat on here.

I do hope you feel a bit better than you do now.

I'm sending you some hugs(((()))) to try to let you know we want you here with us also that we can be your new friends who will not walk away.

Love Trish xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Bobby,
    Welcome to the forum. I am really sorry that you are so down at the moment.
    Please keep posting and let us know how things are going with you.
    How long is it since you started to become ill? Can you get any help from your Dr?
    I can appreciate that you feel nobody understands your pain but you are not alone now and it would be great if you could join us when you are feeling up to it.
    Sending hugs and hope to see you posting soon.

Lv, Ix
  • Rainbow77
    Rainbow77 Member Posts: 275
    Options
    Hi Bobby

I am really sorry to read your desperate post. Well done for having the courage to post it, I hope you continue to do that as this forum is excellent at supporting one another. Everybody on here has really helped me through difficult times.

Thinking of you and sending cyber hugs (((((((((((((()))))))))))))))

Fayann xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Bobby,

just wondered how you are today?

hope all the posts on your thread have made you feel less isolated. We really do care....

please let us know how you are, when you feel up to it.

Iris x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Bobby
    How are you today, sorry a silly question,hopefully having us lot to talk to will help a little bit.
    I know it has helped me.
    I hope to see you posting more very soon.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Bobby
    I'm glad you found this forum...you'll get plenty of help and advice from here.
    Sorry I'm not one of them.....I have OA but there are people who will answer your questions....keep posting

Love
    Hileena