purple mole and metx

Options
deborahjane
deborahjane Member Posts: 120
edited 29. Aug 2010, 07:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
hello everyone havn,t posted for a while ,but i do read posts most days,just came back from docs,i have got a mole on my arm,which was light brown until 2 days ago when it turned purple,doc said it looks like a bleed underneath whch can be caused from methotrexate,i have a few bruises too,got to have blood test on tues,and go back and see doc in 2 weeks,something about the white blood cells,(i think) he said.anyone else had this,or bruising and itching,i have been quite worried about the mole,specially when you look it up online,and says its sign of melonoma, :? :? :?

Comments

• robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Since I've been on mtx, I've become a prolific bleeder, and bruiser..

I can understand your concern.........I've had several moles that have changed colour..(gone darker)....Its always been where I've knocked myself.........and like your GP said......bled under the mole....

Even the slightest bump bruises me.......

But I think you should get everyone checked out..........Never assume its the mtx......

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi Deborahjane

Sounds like this could be somethign to do with the Mtx, butyou've done the right thing in getting it looked at and having some blood tests done..

Let us know how you get on ..

Marion
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I do get little purple bruises like pinches quite often. The nurse checks my blood results and mutters something about bloods okay. I think they are looking for problems that would necessitate coming off the Methotrexate,
    They will be monitoring you.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein