Week 5

Options
catlady
catlady Member Posts: 41
edited 31. Aug 2010, 07:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone

Now on week 5 of meth, and so far so good. Now on 12.5 mg, well tolerated at mo. Slight improvement. Just want to say to all you guys and girls out ther, I feel so lucky to be retired and be able to rest when I need to etc. Dont know how you all carry on with work and family AND arther . :(:(:( Jenny

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Great news Jenny :D

So glad you are tolerating the Mtx and that it is beginning to do you some good. :wink: lots of peeps who are starting on Mtx will be encouraged by your Post.

I think that JIA is awful.... it's bad enough to have arther as an adult but to see it affecting a child is awful.....

Irisx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Catlady, glad this med seems to be working out for you and that you are tolerating it ok and seeing some improvement. Do you have target dose?

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Jenny,
    Well that is great news. So happy that things are going a lot better for you.
    It is so nice when someone posts with positive outcomes. It lifts all of us up.

Please keep us updated.

Lv, Ix
  • catlady
    catlady Member Posts: 41
    Options
    speedalong wrote:
    Hi Catlady, glad this med seems to be working out for you and that you are tolerating it ok and seeing some improvement. Do you have target dose?

Speedy

Rheumy nurse said doc wants me on 15mg, I see him in October. Dont know if this will be the max or not :P
  • joon51
    joon51 Member Posts: 221
    Options
    Hi Catlady

I've been on mtx since the end of June, they started me off on 15mg and I am now taking 20mg.

Got no pain as such but the more I do I start to ache, I find going up and down stairs my knees hurt, sometimes when I'm on the phone my hand will ache, I seem to suffer more with aches than I do pain.

Are you on any other drugs as well :?: I'm just coming off pred this time next week if all being well should be off completely :D

Take Care

Junex
  • pols090607
    pols090607 Bots Posts: 126
    Options
    Hi Jen,

Glad things seem to improving for you - me too !! I am six weeks into MTX, currently taking 10mg. All my side effects have gone now :D Just seem a little more tired than usual the following day. I am so pleased, I have also managed to cut the co-codamols pretty much out during the day too so just the 1 or 2 Naproxen morning and night now.

I had reached a point where I just felt as though I couldn't carry on and that something had to be done, I am so glad I took the plunge and started it as I had ummed and arred for the past 18 months !!

Keep us posted, lovely to hear from you !

Pols xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Well done Jen and Pols

You are both dpoing great :)

Hope it helps you both for a very long time.

Love

Toni xx