Bad luck continues

Options
jaspercat
jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
edited 4. Sep 2010, 06:16 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone, hope that you are all as well as possible, things carried on for me today, both my ankles, right first then left, gave way, the left one was worse as it went over, I then fell on the floor, after several efforts to get up without luck, Malcolm called for an ambulance, they were great got me up, I have been advised to go to hospital, I will do so if the pain carries on saturday, looking forward to some really good luck love Jaspercatxx

Comments

• noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi kat sorry to hear your latest bad luck hope you dont go to hospital and the pains's not so bad regards to Malcolm best wishesChrisov
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi jaspercat

so sorry your ankles are giving you so much pain :roll:

please don't be too brave..... if you need hospital treatment then that's what needs to happen. :? no-one likes to go in ... but sometimes it is the only way to get arther and pain under control.

I'm so glad Malcolm is with you and that he promptly called the medics; gold star on it's way for both of you :wink:

take care and let us know how you are tomorrow please?

(((hugs)))

Iris x
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi Jaspercat

Oooh, that sounds painful!

Let us know how you are tomorrow..

Marion
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Jaspercat, glad you weren't alone when this happened and that the ambulance crew were great. If you need to go to hospital then do so and get the treatment you need. Things HAVE to improve soon.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Jasper,

So sorry to hear that you fell. You know maybe hospital isn't such a bad idea as they may help to sort you out and make you feel tons better.

Hope you start to improve.

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    hi Jasper, got my own problems today but just saw your post and wanted to send a quick message before I go to bed. It is horrible to fall over when your joints collapse. It used to happen to my mother a lot and Dad was forever calling the ambulance to get her up. She hated it and the pain and my heart goes out to you. Mum hated going to hospital too but sometimes it is necessary, unfortunately. I hope you feel a bit better tomorrow and don't have to go.
    love S
    xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Kim,

If you need to go flower then maybe it will help? Please take care and let us now how you are tomorrow. Love (((( )))) and hi to Malcolm and jasper Cris xx
  • Rainbow77
    Rainbow77 Member Posts: 275
    Options
    Hi Jaspercat

Sorry to hear about your fall. Just wandered how you are doing today? Don't suffer in silence, if the pain continues it would be best to get checked out just in case.

Hope you are really resting up today.

Take care

Fayann xx
  • dorcas
    Options
    Hello again jaspercat :D

wondered how your feeling today? how are your feet and ankles.?

sending you a top up of hope and healing (((hugs)))

Iris x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 28. Aug 2010, 17:32
    Options
    Hi Jaspercat
    How are you feeling ?.....Its good you wernt on your own...but if hospital is whats needed you go.

Love
    Hileena
  • dippydoodah
    dippydoodah Member Posts: 350
    Options
    Hi Jaspercat

Sorry to hear about your fall, how are you feeling today? Its a horrible thing to happen but its good that you weren't on your own. I know when Im down, I cannot get up without help and its good that someone was there for you.

Hope you're feeling a little better today.
    Caroline x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Jaspercat

I am sorry to read your posting. I do hope there has been an improvement today and you have not had to go to hospital. Speaking from previous experience, the ambulance crew usually say that you should go and get checked out or suggest they will take you, there and then but please do go, if you think it at all necessary. Better safe than sorry.

I hope Malcolm is ok too and looking after you.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Jasper,
    How are you today? I do hope you have had yourself checked out at the hospital.
    As you say you really have had a run of bad luck. I do so hope things improve soon for you both.

Sending hugs,

Lv, Ix
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Hi Jaspercat

Just popping in to see how you did over the weekend?
    Carol
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Oh no!

I get back from France and what do I find? Kim in touble again :shock:

I do hope you are ok serioulsy

Please take care

Love

Toni xx
  • dorcas
    Options
    Hi jaspercat

how are you :?: we've not heard from you since you posted on the 27th. :? am getting worried about you.:roll: hope you are not in a lot more pain :|

sending some cheery flowers to brighten your windowsill
    008.GIF

Iris x
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi everyone, the latest is that I am in hospital, broken metatersal one foot and fractured tibia other leg, have 2 plaster casts all I can say is ouch, very painful, good news I have access to internet, will keep you informed as things progress, love to you all Jaspercat
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Jasper/kim!!!

Have you seen Nearly is in too :shock:

what is going on? :?

I do hope you will be looked after well and do keep posting to us - we will do our best to keep your spirits up.

Love

and hugs

Toni xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Oh.....not so sure about the tibia but I know about the metarsals....I've broken the 5th metatarsal in both feet {different times}...very sore
    Love
    Hileena
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi I hope all goes well for you, you certainly deserve it. If in any doubt, get the ankle checked out. Love Sue
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,935
    Options
    Hi Jaspercat.
    i'm pleased you are being helped with your pain. take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Jaspercat

Sorry to see this, you must have been in pain for a few days there since the fall. Ouch doesn't quite fit the bill!! Hope they are getting the pain under control and that you soon feel well enough to go home. Sending a gentle hug your way. (((( ))))
    take care
    Chris
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Jaspercat
    You poor thing, I think that is 3 people we have in hospital now, gosh you must have been in so much pain.
    I do hope you are comfortable has they say.
    Hope the plaster is not on too long.
    Sending you loads of hugs ((((((())))))
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dorcas
    Options
    ooooooh jaspercat,

you don't do things by half's do you. :roll:

Plaster cast on both legs, you poor love...my gawd you must have been in terrible pain with that before they took you in.! hope they've sorted pain meds for you and that you're some ways comfortable.
    Have they said how long you'll be in?

keep in touch..jaspercat

love n bone healing (((hugs)))

Iris x
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Jaspercat
    Sorry to hear about your injuries. Hope you are on the mend soon xx
    NB