Dla letter

Options
jordansmum
jordansmum Member Posts: 257
edited 28. Aug 2010, 09:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
morning guy's hope your well today .I had a letter this morning from the dla dept saying that they are writing for a report from the consultant and until then cannot make a decision on jordan's claim ,is this normal thought i would ask as i know alot of you have gone through the claim process .Not sure what his consultant will say as the results of jordan's new xray's are not good according to him, so he has to have another mri scan. :( so wether this will hold up everything i don't know. Any replies would be great as alway's thank's in advance xx jenny

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jenny
    This is a standard letter, you may get another to say they are still waiting for a reply, just to reassure you , it shouldn't be long now before you know something.
    I do hope you get it for Jordon, has he had some relief from his meds.
    Hope you here something very soon.
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • border
    border Member Posts: 94
    Options
    jordansmum wrote:
    morning guy's hope your well today .I had a letter this morning from the dla dept saying that they are writing for a report from the consultant and until then cannot make a decision on jordan's claim ,is this normal thought i would ask as i know alot of you have gone through the claim process .Not sure what his consultant will say as the results of jordan's new xray's are not good according to him, so he has to have another mri scan. :( so wether this will hold up everything i don't know. Any replies would be great as alway's thank's in advance xx jenny

This is quite normal and you should have given permission for the DWP to contact Consultant on application form and anybody else who knows Jordon if necessary. At least things are moving. Normally DLA decisions take about 11 weeks.
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi, as the others have said, this is normal. I sometimes have to do this on behalf of my pupils. There is a deadline to replying so it shouldn't drag out the process too much.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Jenny :D

These letters mean things are heading in the right direction and hopefully will have a positive outcome for Jordan.

love to both of you..... hope you're able to enjoy the holiday weekend and doing something nice together. :wink:

Irisx
  • jordansmum
    jordansmum Member Posts: 257
    Options
    oh cheers guy's i hope he get's it as well it's the mobility more than anything else but hey who knows. He has gone to watch football this afternoon which gives me some me time 8).He isn,t doing to well at the mo but i am sure the pred will kick in soon ,1 week till we go to greece so he should be abit better by then i am sure the sun and the change of scenery will do us all good ahh the sun can't wait to see it lol just in case you had forgotten with all this rain it is that yellow ball thing that gives warmth and bright sky's :wink::lol::lol::lol: