Back from Bulgaria

Options
joon51
joon51 Member Posts: 221
edited 30. Aug 2010, 05:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone got back last nightwhen we landed have never felt so relieved in all my life, lets just say will be holidaying in England from now on.

I used to love the sun, well to cut a long story short, the first few days were fine stayed in at the hottest part of the day had my 1 daily drink which I'm allowed, then I started feeling yuk, thought I'd leave the drink alone still no better, by the end of the first week spent most of he time
in room. :cry:

By week 2 felt worse I looked like crap, felt so weak had no energy, how I never passed out I don't know, Arther was fine just a bit stiff now and then, has anyone else experienced this, is it arther or is it the drugs ie mtx and pred. :?:

Still don't feel that good now, having bloods took Tuesday so if anything wrong sure it will show :!:

Glad to be back

Junexx

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi June
    What a disappointment......what a holiday.
    No never experienced this....let us know what happens....if you find out anything
    Love
    Hileena
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi June

I am so sorry that your hols were a disaster. We look forward to our time away, so much, don't we? I used to love the sun and spent every moment out in it, loved the suntan look and so on. I have not been on a foreign hol for 5 years now and do not miss it at all. Since 5 years ago I no longer work and so am at home most of the time and love it. :D I cannot sit, eat out or lay in the sun anymore. I begin to feel unwell, sometimes very unwell. I much prefer to have a few days away in England. I find it quite strange how I have changed.

I do hope you feel much better soon, at least, as you say you are having bloods done on Tuesday so not long to wait and see what is going on, if anything. Do let us know how you go on.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Oh June, what a shame, I'm so sorry.

You are fairly new to your meds if I remember rightly(?) so you are still getting used to them and the docs are still getting your dose right. It might just be the timing of the holiday that was not the best.

Hopefully the blood tests will indicate what is happening.

Rest up and hope you start to feel better soon.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • joon51
    joon51 Member Posts: 221
    Options
    Morning

Elna you say you no-longer like the sun, is it the meds or is it the disease :?: (I hate that word)

Speedy yes I am new to the meds mtx started the end of June they have got me on 20mg already, from what I have read on here peeps start on alot lower dose than I did and increase slowly, I started on 15mg. I'm weaning of the pred down to 5mg every other day for a week, then off completely if alls well. Seeing rhuemy on the 7th September.

Know this sounds stupid but sometimes I wonder if I have arthritis at all, even when I last saw the rheumy nurse she seemed puzzelled, hope fully I will get more answers when I see the doc.

God I do go on I'm also due to go into hos on the 24th Sep to have someting called Jones procedure on my big toe, nothing to do with arther, that's if it still goes ahead.

Well folks have a Good Day

love Junexx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi June

I like to see the sun but it does not seem to like me now! I cannot sit/lie out in it, like I used to do. I walk on the shady side of the street if possible after a while. I have had OA a long time and am not on many meds but in recent years I can feel really unwell if sat out and the sun moves round and I have not perhaps noticed for a while. I have felt sick, had the "runs" and even fainted. I used to be a real sunworshipper for years and be out in the sun every possible moment. There you go, I cannot explain it. My friends/family look at me a little old fashioned now, :wink::) as they remember how I used to be.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    You can spot the residents here in Spain The tourists have tans we are pale.The tourists walk in the sun and we walk in the shade.Shut the shutters and stay tillautumnhome :)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Oh June :(

So sorry you feel so rubbish and didnt enjoy your hols :( Poor poor you :( as Elna said we so look forward to our hols :(

I just back from France - maybe better for you? not so hot and can go on train /boat? No airports etc :cry:

Love

Toni xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi June

so sorry to hear that your holiday was so awful for you. :(

I did wonder when I read about how you were feeling whether it's the Mtx causing you to feel so 'yucky'.... especially as you started on such a large dose straight off. :?

Maybe your blood tests tomorrow will shed some light.... but perhaps a call to rheummy nurse/ dept to tell them how you've been feeling and ask about the meds might be an idea?

hope you're beginning to feel a bit better today..

(((hugs)))

Irisx

Hi Toni :!: great to see you back :D missed you! Iris x