SORRY I'VE BEEN AWOL

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 31. Aug 2010, 05:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, Sorry I've been offline for a while....its been a mixture of things
Computer/internet problems....also I'm trying to start up my Avon again....without having to trail from house to house...I cant do that at the moment because its so hilly here.
Anyway....I'm back
Just going to go through the posts now....Hope everyones OK
Love
Hileena

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi stranger - have just posted you a reply on Effleure's thread ...

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Stranger
    Just answered it....or on some thread I just answered you ...sorry not sure which one we hi-jacked LOL
    Love
    Hileena
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Hileena :D

great to see you back :mrgreen: missed you!

hope you can sort something out with the Avon deliveries.... up hill and down dale is hard on the joints. :| :?

Hey, pcs are great when they work... but a nuisance when they start playing up! hope your is now fixed and doesn't give you any more trouble. :wink:

how're you doing otherwise?

Iris x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Iris,
    Well I seem to be picking up friends or people from groups that I belong to that want enopugh avon to keep me going for the minute....I can drive to them a deliver it....Went to church this morning and there were 5 people that wanted a book....1 has already ordered £10 worth, another said I want some perfume so I'll email you....hopefully it will take off.
    As for me ...well less than 6 weeks to go until my 2nd THR and then I start all over again LOL...Thats one of the reasons I'm trying to get avon going again but with friends.....that dreaded 6 weeks where you can do very little...certainly not drive.
    Love
    Hileena
  • dorcas
    Options
    Hi Hileena,

it's good that you can get enough business at least to tide you over with the next op looming. :wink:

do you have the date?

Iris x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Oh yes...I've got a date....8th October.....in other words I would have the op 6 weeks ago last Fri and today would be planning to come home tomorrow....if that makes sense LOL
    The only thing that i think about Avon is....when you have a territory....only a percentage order so the rest or some of them anyway order next time. Last campaign almost everyone ordered so will they order again??? this time

Love
    Hileena
  • dorcas
    Options
    Could you put in stamped addressed envelopes with the Avon books? maybe that would encourage the orders to come in when you aren't able to get about after your op?

October's not that far away...... you know we'll be with you don't you Hileena? big pockets and lots of sweets for the pocket peeps. :lol:

Iris x
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Hileena,
    Great to see you about again.
    Good luck with the Avon, customers tend to stay loyal so maybe things will look up for you. The Xmas sales will be starting soon I expect.
    Wow your 2nd op has come round quickly. Brave girl getting it done at least you will be having a better Christmas and new year.

Take care

Lv, Ix
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks Iris.....A lot of the ones that order will come and see me during that 6 weeks so I'll try and get them to come when their avon is here LOL
    I know you are there ...Thanks.
    I remember all the questions I asked the last time before I went for my first one LOL and got them all answered.....no doubt I'll still have some but not as many as the last time.
    I've got 3 appointments in Sept. One is the group physiotherapy, 2nd one is with the consultant, and the 3rd one is the pre op assessment.
    That should keep me busy until the beginning of the next month LOL
    Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Ironic,
    It has come round fast hasnt it....but the 8th Oct, then 6 weeks recovery thats the end of Novemeber so should be OKish for Christmas. At least I'll not have those awful restrictions then...dont bend dont twist etc

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Hileena
    Good to have you back, my Avon rep has just finished, I do miss it, I know you can order online but its not the same.
    Hope you manage to stay with us now :)
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi Hileena

Sounds as if you are doing well with the Avon, via the "friend" route which is very enterprising! I thought Iris's idea of addressed envelopes was a good one.

Glad you have a date for your next op Hileena - really hope it goes well for you.

Love Tilly x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi...thanks for your replies.....Barbara its a pity you're ion the Nortyh West and not the North East LOL
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi Hileena

Good to see you posting again..

It's amazing how quickly the last few months have passed by - not long for you to wait now!!

Marion
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Marion....No not long now.....it seems no time since we were discussing it {3 of us} but its just over 6 months now.
    I'm still not sleeping brilliantly....not as bad as at the beginning but cant say I'm looking forward to starting this all over again LOL

Love
    Hileena
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Hileena

Good to see you again, glad the Avon things are picking up for you and hope all goes well with that in the future. We don't seem to have anyone who does it round here. Really hope all goes well for your next op. At least you know what to expect and I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing? :? You do have my admiration for being so positive about it and getting on with it. I see my Consultant again in November and fear I will have to bite the bullet then. :shock: By the way, a nice choice of avator. :wink::lol:
    take care of yourself.
    love
    Chris
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, Welcome back! Its a shame the Avon didn't work out, but if you live in a hilly area that would be a lot of exercise for you!!! :shock: Maybe you'll feel a bit better later on and can find something that takes less exercise!
    Love Sue :wink:
  • hileena111
    Options
    Well my avon arrived today but I was away for the day.....got it sorted tonight when I got in {shouldnt have done that} but how many times do we do things we shouldnt and suffer afterewards LOL So Got it sorted and with hubbys help got the orders checked off against what avon have charged me. As usual not quite right...charged me for a mascara they didnt send but it was ordered....sent me a bubble bath and necklace I didnt order and didnt charge me for it LOL
    I'll sort that out by e.mail tomorrow with them.
    Everything is bagged and ready to go. They will go in bits and pieces. I go to a knitting group which isnt on this week because of hols so three orders are going to another shop beside the wool shop...she ordered some and is taking the other 2 orders in and getting the money for me.One girl I will see at the local arthritis group in about a weeks time. other friends usually come for coffee on a Wed so they can get theirs then etc etc so hopefully it will work out without too much effort once the order is sorted each time
    Lo ve
    Hileena
    Sorry for the ramble
  • dorcas
    Options
    Hi Hileena :D

you sound pretty well organised and have a circle of friends and contacts ready to distribute the Avon goodies on your behalf. :wink:

Long time since I knitted :? reminded me of how much I used to do all sorts of crafts and the enjoyment of seeing the finished article (mostly ha ha!) I did also knit some very weird mohair pullovers with birds on; poor daughters having to wear them (the look and the itch!) :roll: so maybe it's just as well I've hung up my needles and crochet hooks :lol::lol::lol:

Did you ever make rag rugs?

Iris x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    I used to knit and crochet ....but now I'm useless....At this knitting group all I can concentrate on are squares for a blanket...LOL....knitting, drinking coffee and eating biscuits and chatting are all to much to manage to concentrate on a pattern as well. I keep saying I'll try something at home but never seem to have the time LOL As far as avon is concerned. This is the first time I've tried it with just friends...I'm in the North East and all family etc are in Northern Ireland so family is out ....You have to sell£78 before you get any commission and then when you sell £78 you get comm on it all. I thought if I can manage to get enough people and sell £78 I'll be happy, As it was it was £200 I sold which gives me £52 commission....Not bad considering I didnt do a lot of work for it.Met people to have coffee and give them a book then they e.mailed or phoned their orders, knitting group like i said just took some books in. The only thing is almost everyone ordered so I have my doubts that they will order this time...Oh well we'll see,......I'm well past retiring age so I shouldnt even be thing about doing it LOL
    Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Options
    I think I know the one you mean and I tend to agree with you LOL The cheaper ones do as much good I'm sure

Love
    Hileena
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    with christmas coming up people will order bit as presents keep going till after christmass and see how it goes val
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Hi Hileena

I used to love my avon and no-one does it round here either....

You think it's \all online now?

I think it's a great idea and such a well-known and trusted brand.

I hope you can make it work for you. With the people you know all helping I think it will work out, but you take it easy.

Good to see you :)

Love

Toni xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Toni
    No there are still loads of reps about. doing territory...where abouts do you live? If you order on line it costs to get your order sent to you whereas your rep puts a book through and delivers your order for nothing
    Love
    Hileena